Cancelling PPI query?

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Alright guys, I have a standing order for payment protection on a business loan. I want to cancel it, can I just cancel the direct debit and be done with it, or do I need to notify the PPI company I want out?

Unfortunately, it was sold to me via a financial broker back in 2006, so the bank can't do anything for me, and the company I used doesn't exist anymore.

It's important to me that cancelling the DD for this doesn't effect my credit rating/score in the form of a missed payment.

Anyone got any ideas?

its not the company that refund it, its the bank, if you call up and request a refund for all premiums they should ask you to write in blah blah blah... what ever you do dont use a third party claims company/ soliciters

its not the company that refund it, its the bank, if you call up and request a refund for all premiums they should ask you to write in blah blah blah... what ever you do dont use a third party claims company/ soliciters

The PPI is not supplied by the bank, it's a 3rd party company. I was told I needed to buy this to get the loan through at the time by a broker which doesn't exist anymore.

so it was miss sold? best thing to do is call 0845 4040506, (trading standards) say you were miss sold it and the company is no more see what they say, i used to work in dealing with similar charger working for a large credit card company

as long as it after 2005 you can claim even if there not trading
iv just been through 2 1 pree 2004 and 1 after
both companys not trading anymore
couldnt do anything about the pre 2004.

so it was miss sold? best thing to do is call 0845 4040506, (trading standards) say you were miss sold it and the company is no more see what they say, i used to work in dealing with similar charger working for a large credit card company

Thanks, I might be able to get hold of the guy, he's just not trading under the same name based on my research.

Cool, I'll be happy just to stop the payments, anything on top is a bonus!

make sure you request a refund, dont expect them to offer you one

You can cancel the direct debit any time you want. They will write to you if they want to.

Jo

Give me a shout if you need some help with this, I can ask my bro to give you some help if you need.

Were the repayments subject to income tax?