Looking forward to driving my quattro in the snow!

psd99

Reaction score
woo hoo snow is on the way and for the first time I own an audi A4 Quattro

but the manual says turn off ESP?! lol wtf

anyway let is snow lol

i have an a3 quattro, was out the other evening in the snow, was fun, wasnt as much grip as i thought but still fun!!

lol I feel like a kid

my old vauxhall was terrible in the snow I was scared of driving it

not so scared today :)

Remember All cars even 60k range rovers will all brake the same theres nothing to help you braking downhill...in snow

It is good fun though and you get a feel of what the car is capable of... ;)

woo hoo snow is on the way and for the first time I own an audi A4 Quattro

but the manual says turn off ESP?! lol wtf

WTF !! I can't believe you read the manual :)

Reactions: Arrkon
i have an a3 quattro, was out the other evening in the snow, was fun, wasnt as much grip as i thought but still fun!!
Your a3 has a Haldex 4 wheel drive which in effect makes the car behave like a FWD car till the front wheels slip then the drive is directed to the rear axle ! It's not a true quattro "per se" !
I wish i could disable the ABS and ESP altogether in the quattro and to have proper locking diffs not Mickey Mouse electronic gizmos behaving "like" a locking diff ! Also there is a solution to braking better downhill- winter/studded tyres !

Find you large local shopping park, it will be near deserted today, and go and have a play and find out how your car behaves.

Lot less chance of running out of talent at the wrong time and bending your pride an joy.

You can be fantastically skilled and in control 99% of the time, but you can bet your sweet ***, when you fail and hit something, there will be some snotty nosed kid with a phone cam capturing it to put on youtube :yes:

Find you large local shopping park, it will be near deserted today, and go and have a play and find out how your car behaves.

Lot less chance of running out of talent at the wrong time and bending your pride an joy.

You can be fantastically skilled and in control 99% of the time, but you can bet your sweet ***, when you fail and hit something, there will be some snotty nosed kid with a phone cam capturing it to put on youtube :yes:

haha thanks good idea

might try it later for jokes not sure
wish I wasn't feeling like crap today though.

Your a3 has a Haldex 4 wheel drive which in effect makes the car behave like a FWD car till the front wheels slip then the drive is directed to the rear axle ! It's not a true quattro "per se" !
I wish i could disable the ABS and ESP altogether in the quattro and to have proper locking diffs not Mickey Mouse electronic gizmos behaving "like" a locking diff ! Also there is a solution to braking better downhill- winter/studded tyres !

back end still comes out when in the slipy stuff, as for more grip, halfords ect sell 'tyre socks' there like a mesh bag that slip over the wheel and give more grip, also chains ect

I had a good play about in my A4 (torsen) - found a few large carparks, had some good drifting fun.

I turned off ESP and my front tyres were slipping but it wasn't out of control

felt ok tbh

but there wasn't much power left in the car it felt v slow

Got to admit, 4x4 is useless when 80% of the other vehicles out on the road are 2wd!

Took me 45 minutes to get my kids school in a Rav4, because no one could get up the hill to get to the carpark, which caused a local traffic jam in the surrounding areas. I took the long way after realising no one was moving, and just parked down the road and walked the rest, then went for lunch with no traffic on the way home.

Its taken me 4.5hours to get home today, stuck on the M40!!!

As already said having quattro is fine, but braking is the same for us all, so be careful guys!!

well we were forcast heavy snow all dat from 11am... im now still in the office looking for one flake of snow!!

Don't matter how good your car is, or how good a driver you are, the other drivers in other cars are what screws it up.

Unless you car has wings.........