FactionOne

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hey all,

Going on from the fuel-protests thread; I was wondering how many of you have suffered the gridlock caused by panic buying so far?

I was sat in traffic tonight with the lads from work, and it took us about an hour and a half to travel a distance which we normally cover in 60 seconds; all because of the inbreds of Bolton rushing to fill their mobile-scrapheaps with Asda's finest washing-up-water. I couldn't believe the chaos people manage to create because of the simple lack of a little fore-thought.

Anybody else suffered the mayhem yet?

Regards,

Rob.

Yes its all gone mad down here too! And apparently "nobody is panicing"!

reminds me of the old boy from dads army..

''dont panic !!!'

nuts in SE Ldn - iv got about 2 glns left and light is on - cant be botheree to wait for fuel tho
luckily car is just for weekends for me

Yep - It's happenin' 'ere too....... Late for work this morning because there was a queue to enter to garage on one side and some chimp in a white van decided to try and enter the garage coming from the other way..... the parked cars opposite the garage entrance didn't help the situation...... what a set of muppets, some drivers have absolutley NO road sense whatsoever - maybe they can drive, but that's only half the battle...... get caught in a queue, middle of road, ambulance coming "OOooooohhh, help, what do i do now"... or F cuk the other drivers - I've got a white van.......

..... Off my /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif soap box now.....

Gunna go and get some juice (hee Hee) - just rung the shell garage up... has spome Opti left but limiting fuel to £20 per car.... ***....and as said above "Apparently no-ones panicking"...........

[ QUOTE ]
spome Opti left but limiting fuel to £20 per car....

[/ QUOTE ]

so at current prices, how much Opti will that get you!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
spome Opti left but limiting fuel to £20 per car....

[/ QUOTE ]

so at current prices, how much Opti will that get you!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No Sh!t..... and of course beacause it's a Shell garage there are 1000's of them aren't there, and always 1 located near your house................................ NOT

£20 = 20 litres, ..... 12 mile round trip ***

My closest Shell is 22mile round trip, so i am forced to use Super otherwise, and the local texaco regularily runs out. Like they have ATM, so local trips it is for me then,lol

just totaly stupid, as the demand and supply goes totaly out of sync. the people are their own worst enemy. I'm all for cutting down the tax and blah blah blah - but this way we just shoot ourselves in the foot!

I was empty last night, so had to fill up - and of course there was just mayhem. plus with my new problem with the coolant sensor and or lambda sensor - I couldn't have timed it better for fuel economy to be tit's up! :S

Rob

All the local garages had long queues this morning, but my local Shell has just shut up shop along with a Q8 and Esso, you should see the queue at BP!

I'm off to France tomorrow so I'll fill mine up as soon as I get out of the tunnel.

Kev.

haha.. its not even funny for me...

i use half a tank a day.. so by the end of the week if nowhere has petrol then looks like im working from home.

Local BP about 30 minutes ago.... Unleaded? join the queue over here ----> Diesel, absolutely no queue /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif + 40mpg+ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
haha.. its not even funny for me...

i use half a tank a day.. so by the end of the week if nowhere has petrol then looks like im working from home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Half a tank a day !!!!! I know you have an S4 but what do you do for a living / how far from work are you ?

well i got 1/4 of a tank left and if there isnt any friday, i will get the pushy out. =)

I had just over my reserve left and filled up at £1.00.9 cost £57...nightmare!!!! Took 20 mins to get into the garage too!!! People have gone mental!!

Maybe some people are panic buying to purposely exacerbate the situation, so that a good proportion of garages are running low / empty before the protest starts tomorrow.

[ QUOTE ]
All the local garages had long queues this morning, but my local Shell has just shut up shop along with a Q8 and Esso, you should see the queue at BP!

I'm off to France tomorrow so I'll fill mine up as soon as I get out of the tunnel.

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]
Go careful Kev, sure i heard on the news earlier that french lorry drivers may have a surprise in store tomorrow,

Does anyone else think the protesters are ****** selfish? I mean if they'd started last Weds, we could all have said 'no fuel sorry can't get to work' and watched the bloomin ashes. If only they'd done it a week earlier, they'd have had so much support! But then again, no one would have turned out, unless they put some big screens up showing channel four at the protest sites!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

what i cant work out is how the chavs can afford to keep there supped up novas on the road burning up and down the high street with music blaring and underbody neons glowing, surely there fiddling the social, i suppose they are lucky though at moment as most people are working during the day so the chavs dont have too worry about the cues being to long at the garage.

6506020_35670042ff_m.jpg

brown will be rubbing his hands. He will be getting a higher tax level off of the higher price at this high turnover.