Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
    28v6

Leuchars Air Show??

Did any of you attend the show over the weekend?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] I attended the show, and well.. we won't go into the entertainment part, more the security aspect and how they perceive the base to be under threat from "terrorists" no problem there, infact more of a "titter/snigger" at the two young lads crawling around My car... A Passat B4, then popping the bonnet to check the engine bay for explosives only to be greeted by a VR6 engine, and "Psst ..come an have a look at this.." [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif[/img] comments ...HOWEVER what DISGUSTED me was the fact that just inside the gate, ON PRIVATE GROUNDS was a ...... Police mobile camera!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] Feckin' lazy Bar Stewards.. hundreds of cars coming in to a large venue on private grounds and they are there to catch Tax Evasion.... GET A LIFE GUYS, not the EASY CATCH where you don't have to work hard.. and Joe Public will come to you... Absolutely Disgusted that they would stoop so low as this... incidentally, before you all ask.. yes I am upto date... Car all taxed & in order... just what a Feckin' nerve of these guys.... Grrrrrrrr!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

Turbo Sport

Status

Re: Leuchars Air Show??

Hi dave , never went this year as i had a wedding friday and knew i would be in any fit state to drive next day , i didnt go , went last year(sept11!!!! bit tastless for a air show!...but) was up to its usual high standards, u get any picts?
    Bad news about the car tax police on site! the feckers should be out on the road catching real crimanals!

1st Gear

Status

nah they can't be bothered to catch real criminals (see my thread on 'a bit of help needed...') it's easier for them to prosecute motorists. sadly it would appear that my low opinion of the police in our country was justified.

Neutral

Status

Years ago (1988 IIRC) I was leaving RAF Coningsby and there were widely publicised pi$$ ups going on both on and off camp. The RAF Police (brains on a chain) only invited the local boys in blue to come the gate and breathalise the majority of people leaving camp. That was a nice touch, merry xmas.