Baby Monitors with Video-recommendations please

Krew76

Reaction score
Looking at getting a Baby monitor with video (wife's peace of mind) for my 20 month old who will be moving up into my loft extension when the new baby arrives and will have her old bedroom.

Already have the Angelcare AC401 with sensor pad, but the new baby will be using this.

What have you got? is it good? Recommendations

Please don't bother replying saying don't bother with video blah blah i've heard it all before- you can tell my hormonal wife that! I've been told we need one.... ****** women LOL

all your wife is going to do is watch the video all the time, you should expect to go hungry

Not sure if this would be overkill for a 20 month old, but we've got a 10 week at home and use this...

Buy BT Digital Video Baby Monitor 1000 at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Baby monitors and listening systems.

So from a newborn perspective, they're very good.

In summary...
Night vision is decent quality.
Battery life on parent unit is excellent.
You can add batteries to the camera unit to make it portable - not sure when this would be needed, I've never used this feature.
You can play lullabies from the camera unit.
The camera has a digital thermometer and you can view the temperature of the room on the parent unit (very useful) and will even alert you if it's too hot / cold (you can set the temp range).
It has a vibrate function - useful if you're a heavy sleeper!
You can add up to 4 cameras to the screen so might be useful for you? Although you said you've already got an Angelcare.
The camera unit is 2-way voice so the parent unit has a PTT button so you can talk to your child (lazy parenting right there! Never used that feature except to freak out the girlfriend when we first got it).

Overall, it's a good bit of kit and has served us well.

I used a baby monitor with a sensor under the matress, it pulses everytime the young one breaths if it doesn`t sence anything then it alarms at your monitor. I got it as my daughter was prem (26weeks) for piece of mind.

We have a Tomy SRV400. We got it as it was half price, it has quite a small screen and no respiratory monitor but does the job. It is a bit noisy though and 'crackles' and hisses constantly. If you are after value for money or on a budget and can find it on offer then I'd recommend it. The picture is pretty clear and it works well in the dark.