Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: My '500' Kettlebell Work Out

4th Gear

Status
    Leg is better. Played footy last night and out on the bike tonight. Going to do cardio 3 times and weights 3 times a week with one day off. Been doing a lot of bodyweight exercises rather than using the kettlebells, and bought a pull up bar (which has wrecked one door frame already LOL).

If anyone else is thinking about getting fit or wanting to lose weight, hope this thread has been a kick up the arse for you Beer belly is much flatter but need to tone up a lot more I just seem to be getting stronger and broader across my shoulders, and my triceps are adding bulk to my arms (in a good way). Haven't done hill sprints but was doing interval training on the bike tonight with hill climbs (the same one I run up) in the mix as well and my leg is much better.

It just needs to be a bit warmer outside rather than the icy wind off the sea

Still 14.5 stone but I think I look very different. Took some pics a few weeks ago and comparing those to the ones I did last year is pretty noticeable so it's definitely a good idea to take pics to give you some inspiration and help you push on.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel
    To Fit - Decat then Mapping WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Very annoyed with myself. Came off the bike 10 days ago and still can't move my shoulder. Still very swollen and very sore. Gutted. Still doing this bike ride next month but haven't done any real training for it. Bit worried, 150 miles over 3 days isn't easy I imagine.

Squats are the only thing I can do at the moment. Gonna start sprints again soon after my thigh seems to be fixed now. If that goes again I definitely won't be doing the bike ride.

Never got injured like this ramming beer and pizza into my face....
    voorhees likes this.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel
    To Fit - Decat then Mapping WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

4th Gear

Status
    Bit of an update, after separating my shoulder in April I got bike fit for the end of May as we were doing the Coast 2 Coast (Sunderland to Whitehaven, past Carlisle) bike ride and only lasting one day because my brother came off on a rugged downhill section at 42.7mph (LOL, Strava) and separated HIS shoulder, was knocked out for 30 minutes and took 5 weeks to get better I kinda lost interest in bikes for a few weeks. He's back on it now but his shoulder is still screwed. Mine got better then I lifted a bunch of bananas out of the ASDA bag LOL and it has 'dropped' again. Anyway, it doesn't stop me from biking so it's fine.

Bought a 48t chainring and some slick tyres (only one fits, need to buy a different rear now), so I can smash some Strava times - three King of the Mountain (KOMs) already! I do kettlebells and pull ups in between days of bike sprints and do one long bike ride a week.

I'm 14st 3lbs at the moment, but I think that I've put on huge amounts of muscle in my quads and hamstrings as they are like steel. Stomach is much flatter and getting some definition. I still have titties and back pods which need to up my game with weighted pullups and weighted pressups (and variations of pullups).

If anyone's still reading I'd say get Strava or any other app with leaderboards for inspiration. If you're as competitive as me (impossible, no one is!) then you will NEED to get into the top ten and collect some KOMs. It works for running as well. Five miles worth of sprints (Strava segments) in 30 minutes are making the weight fall off much more quickly than 50 mile bike rides.

ps. stopped taking creatine/protein now as I just buy full chickens now for £3-4 cook it, strip it and keep it in the fridge for soups, noodle dishes etc. Much cheaper.
    sliced likes this.

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    I've just recently got back into gym again after 9 months of the doctor telling me I can't! To hell with them! I lost 2 1/2 stones and feel more unhealthy then I did before I stopped!! So now trying to keep a good diet and training hard.
    JudderMan likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    Here's one video I actually had at home. Some old skool techniques here! Shape Up With Arnold Schwarzenegger (1982) - YouTube
    JudderMan likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

Drive safe, stay alive.

Status
    According to your first post, its your big day this month?

If soooo
    Current: 8P3 '59 2.0 TFSI 3DR S-Line | Adaptive Bixenons with DLR's | Folding electric mirrors | Heated half leathers |
    Previous : '06 2.0 TDi Sportback in Dolphin Grey| SE | DSG | Satnav | Privacy glass | auto lights | comfort pack |

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sliced View Post
    According to your first post, its your big day this month?

If soooo
    It certainly is my friend The 24th. I've just tried on my suit and much happier with how I look. Been worth the effort these past 7 months, despite a few injuries

Cheers

4th Gear

Status
    1185438_10151528733140194_895784324_n.jpg

Happy as. Still biking lots, gonna add kettlebells and sprints back to the mix but the shoulder isn't totally 100%. Another half a stone and I'll be happier, so maybe Xmas time.
    jojo likes this.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Congrats bud, hope you had a great day!
    JudderMan likes this.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12