Vauxhall Astra Help Required

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong area Mods, just wanted a bit more coverage for this post.

I recently purchased an Astra for the wife and its pretty specced out, but I know there is a system called Tech2, similar to VCDS which can be used to amend settings, eg, single door unlock, anti hijack etc.

Does anyone know anyone that can do this for me, or anyone on here that can help at all?

I have been on a few Vauxhall forums, but not really had much joy on them...

Cmon Audi boys, dont let me down :)

TIA
Nilz

Where are you based? I know someone in Rotherham....

I know a few people with tech 2 as I'm admin on a Vauxhall site. There is also a program called VAUX-COM which is about as good for Vxl as VCDS is for VAG. However, just like VCDS, use the correct registered VAUX-COM software only as the ebay copies are shocking. Where are you located?

Hi Guys

Thanks for coming back to me, im actually based in Birmingham, so a bit of a way for both of you guys.

Gary, which forum are you an admin on?

If you prefer, PM me and I could ask the question on there.

Thanks for the help so far.

Nilz

Hi Nilz

you may be better posting on a VXR forum rather than a vauxhall forum... The VXR forums are more active and will know what you are on about due to a lot of the Astra VXR boys having cruise control activated etc...

i am also admin on a VXR forum but unfortunately my area of expertise is the corsas.

hope this helps,

nathan

If I were you I would try asking on VXR Online. There are a good few people with Tech2 on there that can do jobs like anti hijack etc.

Nathan, which forum are you on, if you could let me know please, I will sign up to it and see if anyone can assist locally.

Thanks guys, appreciate the help.

I am Admin on Vectra C.Com

If you go on there and make a b-line for a guy by the (user)name of PLASMA. His real name is Dean Fountain (hence the username lol) He has tech2 and the firmware is more up to date than his local dealer lol. He knows his stuff with it. Think of him as the Nigel NHN of Vectra C.com lol. He is in Essex. Tell him I 'sent' you ;-)

One of the other Admins, Duncan, has the proper registered VAUX-COM from ILEXA.

Just with reference to your first post; Tech 2 is the actual vauxhall system used in dealers, actually Tech 3 is out now. VAUX-COM is similar to VCDS, in that it is a third party diagnostic system.

EDIT; I believe Dean (PLASMA) will travel

Last edited:
When I had my Vectra C I purchased OPCOM - as mentioned its similar to VCDS, it allowed me to make changes & enable things.

i had OPCOM
bit crap but did the job tho and cheap from ebay