All this talk of Oz....

recomdos

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
....well.....

I thought some of ya's might like to know what I've been upto and why I ain't been around on the site as much as usual.

audi_melb.jpg

Well I've been a busy bee spending most of my summer down under! YIPEEEE! It was an ambition of mine to always get there, and over a year or so ago I was gonna do the whole 'year' thing but circumstances dictated I couldn't /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif that's how I ended up buying the Audi...so I guess there's a positive out of every negative eh?

Anyway maybe some of you would like to see a few snaps?

Not Newcastle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif (which is only 30 miles up the road from me!) It was great to see their version!

bridge.jpg

Harbour

harbour.jpg

Uluru (more known as Ayres Rock - which my boss had never heard of, can you believe that? To top it off her son is there now! heheheh)

uluru.jpg

Olgas:

olgas.jpg

The Barrier Reef - fantastic, little beech in the middle of the ocean!

reef.jpg

Another beach:

beech.jpg

Cape Tribulation, where the rainforest meets the beach! WOW!

cape.jpg

Looking for crocs! Check out this lil beauty! lol

croc.jpg

Skyscraper....mmmm!

scraper.jpg

Going a bit higher up, with a flying lesson!

birdseye.jpg

Check out the controls on this compared to the Audi

dials.jpg

Checkin out the skate at Bondi

bondi_skate.jpg

Blue Mountains at Sunset:

blue.jpg

Driving down the Great Ocean Road with ma wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif TURBO POWER!!!:

wheels.jpg

....errr which broked down!!! Kept cuttin out, so adjusted tick over whilst racing against the sun to get to the 12 Apostles

oh_no.jpg

12 Apostles (well 8 now) simply breathtaking and one of my major highlights.

apostles.jpg

It was such a FANTASTIC time and I managed to do some amasing things along with great people. Climbing Uluru, snorkelling the reef (not allowed to scuba /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif ), flying, croc hunting, rainforests, skyscrapers, beaches...the list goes on.

To anyone thinking of going, just do it!

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nice one!

def gonna do a trip- heard too many good things now!

Rob looks like you did pretty much what we did, kool place hey!! We went to Tokyo on the way there that was great. Also went to Friaser Island just north of Brisbane from Harvey bay and week at Fiji, at this place castaway island, check out there linky

http://www.castawayfiji.com/

Wanna go back now, like you say JUST DO IT!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Rob looks like you did pretty much what we did, kool place hey!! We went to Tokyo on the way there that was great. Also went to Friaser Island just north of Brisbane from Harvey bay and week at Fiji, at this place castaway island, check out there linky

http://www.castawayfiji.com/

Wanna go back now, like you say JUST DO IT!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah - it really is cool! I pushed it pretty hard and managed to get around a lot of places. I was hoping to do Brisbane, and Fraiser, though decided on Cairns. Which I think I made the correct decision. It's just so damn tough to take EVERYTHING in.

I have friends in Tokyo and would love to get there aswell. There's heaps of places I wanna go.

The best thing about Australia is the people! They're great!

Castaway Island looks FAB!

Sounds like you got quite a bit of extra stuff in aswell! All good man! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Rob

Yeah luvd it man! Cairnes was great too, did u see the big bats at night, lol. and the big swimming pool in town by the beach. Oh and there was a great restuarant on the corner on the main high street forget the name of it but was exellent!

Did you goto Kuranda village by the mountain train, that was kool.

Have over a thousand pics and 9 DVD's of pure holiday footage, lol. Mad i know, but hey what the hell!

Next rip is to Canada, Rockies for Skiing 2weeks cant wait.

[ QUOTE ]
The blue mountain trek, did you stay at the Lillinafels hotel (really expensive Swiss owned) that was an awesome place, only stayed the one night, but was well worth it!! Did you have FRIZT (Austrian bloke) on the tour, he was soooo funny!!

HOTEL LINKY

http://www.lilianfels.com.au/web/okat/okat_a1a_splash.jsp

[/ QUOTE ]

....errr well no I didn't stay at any of the hotels whilst at the Blue mountains and I had my own personal tour guide /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif lol. We drove up from Sydney, went for lunch at the Paragon (if anyone goes, visit there, and even more so if you like chocolate it's brilliant!! Lots of hand made organic chocs) following that we did a bit of our own trekking. Afterwards we went to the hydromajestic hotel on route home, to follow off the sunset and relax in an eerie yet quaint setting. Another fabulous place.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah luvd it man! Cairnes was great too, did u see the big bats at night, lol. and the big swimming pool in town by the beach. Oh and there was a great restuarant on the corner on the main high street forget the name of it but was exellent!

Did you goto Kuranda village by the mountain train, that was kool.

Have over a thousand pics and 9 DVD's of pure holiday footage, lol. Mad i know, but hey what the hell!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah did most of all that, didn't get to fit in the train though. The Esplanade was very good IMO. Lots of peeps out enjoying the weather and having fun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif As for the restuarant which end of the main street? lol From memory at either end there were pizza places.

By the way I think your inbox is full.

Rob

Spent 3 weeks out there in January (actually arrived in Sydney on the morning of New years eve).

I've also got hundreds of photos and lots of video of the fireworks, sunrise/sunset at Uluru, Croc feeding, helicopter flight through Sydney etc.

Also visited Cairns, Karunda, Port Douglas, Brisbane, Gold & Sunshine coasts, Blue Mountains.

Absolutely loved it, would do it again tomorrow.....