can a traffic warden cancel ticket once issued ?

MingeBlue

Reaction score
I saw warden putting the ticket on car so ticket was issued, I spoke to him and he said he would cancel ticket he took the ticket. Great I thought then during hours after I started thinking Im sure wardens cant cancel once issued, googled it and though I cannot find anything for my council what I did find says they cant, does anyone know or is it different council to council my ticket was harrow council ?

The one thing I did find online though for my council was someone else posting about a warden telling the owner they had canceled ticket and yhe warden took it from them, a month later she gets notice a ticket hadnt been paid and they were now doubling the fine, this was the ticket the warden said they cancelled.

I had thought may be season of good will etc but now Im thinking Im been bent over by a traffic warden .?

don't know, ring your local council up and ask them, your gonna have to get hold of them to pay it anyway (if you do have to pay) now you don't have the ticket?

Plead ignorance there was no ticket on your car when you returned to it and if they can prove there was a ticket on the car then you will be happy to pay the original fine but only on proof of a ticket on the windscreen. No proof then no fine then see how it goes. Hope you get it sorted in the end.

Wardens take pictures with the ticket on the car, they do it in such a way that the number plate shows clearly !

And also try and get some sort of driveways trees or signposts to prove the location

The only way a traffic warden can have a ticket cancelled is by getting his supervisor to do it. He'd have to make a note of it and then ask his supervisor at the end of his shift.

But if it all goes tits up and he doesn't get it cancelled.... appeal appeal appeal when your notice to owner arrives in the post. Parking tickets are pretty easy to get out of (more so in London due to the massive amounts of appeals etc), even if you've been caught bang to rights.

I once convicned a warden the ticket was issued unfairly, they made a note and gave me their number and told me to write in, ticket was waved. Not sure on the set up up they retain your ticket though.

Will call council tomorrow to find out ticket, if it hasnt been cancelled it looks like warden was shafting me by saying he cancelled it and taking the ticket on purpose so I ended up paying the full non reduced rate as some kind of punishment. I wasnt aggressive but did say its "f-ing xmas eve" ticket was issued outside front of ny house. From googling i found same thing happened to another person same council and this others person post described the warden and the way he spoke and it sounds same warden as i had.

I dont trust traffic wardens at all, 10 yrs ago I once recieved a court summons for refusing a ticket it included a fall statement from the warden which was a complete lie, said he tried to issue ticket and spoke to me when the closet he got to me was standing other side of road approx 50meters from me.

Dont understand traffic wardens ok they have a job to do but most these days seem to be w@nkers of the highest degreem

Always get their badge\ID No. ..better yet, take a picture of them, so if anything untoward happens! at least then you can point the finger directly at the culprit.

I once took a picture of a warden - the ***** sod even posed for it - ticketing a company van I had a right to park (coned off, flashing amber, etc.) in a London side street because he wouldn't cancel it! A couple of days later I went to the local parking shop to pay it as I would have been reimbursed by the company, cued for 1\2 hour only to hear it had been canceled.

I asked the Clarke why, She said the warden that had actually issued the ticket wasn't supposed to be on duty that day! he was covering for his friend and my picture of him had frightened the two of them enough to make them come clean. I often wonder how many others got tickets that day & payed them, or if he\they got sacked.

But it just goes to show they're not as Godly as they would have you believe.

Last edited:
I had a ticket once before because I parked on double yellows as there were no car park spaces and it was an emergency to take my boy into hospital. I wrote a letter to the council to explain just that but they were not compassionate and didn't give two hoots. They said it doesn't matter you still parked on double yellows, now pay the fine within 14 days and it's half price. It was infuriating at the time. Learnt my lesson, next time I'll park on top of another vehicle.

i got a ticket on stratford broadway fair and square.
took the ticket pouch slipped £15 notes in it and handed
it back to the warden and told him to lose the ticket.
that was the last i heard of the ticket.
so the answer is YES, he can cancel it.
I saw warden putting the ticket on car so ticket was issued, I spoke to him and he said he would cancel ticket he took the ticket. Great I thought then during hours after I started thinking Im sure wardens cant cancel once issued, googled it and though I cannot find anything for my council what I did find says they cant, does anyone know or is it different council to council my ticket was harrow council ?

The one thing I did find online though for my council was someone else posting about a warden telling the owner they had canceled ticket and yhe warden took it from them, a month later she gets notice a ticket hadnt been paid and they were now doubling the fine, this was the ticket the warden said they cancelled.

I had thought may be season of good will etc but now Im thinking Im been bent over by a traffic warden .?

Rang council and ticket was cancelled was supprised tbh. I had ran out of my house in just my pants to talk to him so may be the sight of that made him feel sorry for me lol