Please HELP!!! Key locked in car, no spare

Paul_TDi

Reaction score
Just bought a '02 Facelift A3 1.9 Tdi Quattro.

I had opened the boot via the remote popper to put some bits in there, shut the boot with the key in.

I have no spare, and desperately trying to find another option that smashing the window.

Can any body help, I've spoken to a VAG com master who said even himself had to smash a window.

PLeaseee tell me there's another option.

Currently on hold with AA with the lady waiting to speak to a technical team to see if they can say if they would break a window or not.

Ever the helpful Jojo ;)

Have you tried a Locksmitth or the police?

ring audi they will tell you how to get in it, giving that you provide them with enough info telling that it is your car and its all above board. i know of a few people that have rang there dealers and they have told them how to get in.

if not its brick time. i think the police will only put the window im for you.

and a locksmith will cost a fortune.

Worst case who u insured with??

Brake window and make a glass claim

Are you with the RAC / AA (or if you know a friend who is) … ring them and ask!
They will need to come out to you but there is way’s to get in without a Brick.

Thanks for the quick replies people.

I'm with the AA but only the basic cover and they wanted £116 to upgrade to home start with a surcharge for using home start on the day of signing up, they were speaking to there technical team and said there's usually ways to get in without breaking windows or they would call a lock smith which they would pay for but I would then pay for any keys (at retail price!)

So weighing up the pros and cons ( the high/low prices) I smashed the rear light in seeming like the cheapest option.

I have now recovered the key through the rear light, the best thing is it was added stress relieve smashing the light in.

Thanks again, currently ordering 2nd key and new light!

It suddenly dawned on me when considering my options. It helps that I have a MK4 shell out back which gets water in through the light cluster holes!

Any joy with this yet?

Where are you based?

Yep, I smashed the rear light in to gain access to the boot and recovered the key.

Ordered the new cluster already, key recovered for 25 quid.

I'm in Colchester.

Your going to tell me you can work magic with locked in keys now aren't you?

ring audi they will tell you how to get in it, giving that you provide them with enough info telling that it is your car and its all above board. i know of a few people that have rang there dealers and they have told them how to get in.

So you're saying you can get instructions on getting into your car if you provide them with certain information? There isn't a magical method of opening the car without a key.

Also what info would they need? VIN and Reg? That's available to anyone who walks up to the car anyway...

After doing the nasty, naturally I put pictures on facebook and 2 mates reckon they have break in kits which they could of worked there magic with.