Man flu... how do you deal with yours?

G

_G_

Three people in the office have been struck with norovirus but I survived. I have the flu only... but it sucks. I haven't had a winter bug in ages and I had the flu jab last year... it's been 4 days now:

- 2 sachets of lemsip max strength (lethal stuff if you read about it on the net)
- Box of Strefen lozzengers
- 1 litre of lucozade a day
- Box of Day and Night Nurse Tablets...
- The neti pot technique
- Lots and lots of water...
- Inhaing the vapours/steam from Vicks

Still not any better... well after 3 days off work back at work but two blocked ears... scratchy throat..

Soooooooo... anyone got any other tips aside from chicken soup? Doc said its too early to prescribe anti-biotics.

Cheers.

:puke2:

Blocked ears are caused by your sinuses, try Vicks sinex.
As for the throat, Southern Comfort and lemon.

If all else fails, retire to your bed clothed to get as hot as possible with a box of tissues and make the room as dark as possible.
Do not use bog paper to blow your nose on, that's what make it red and sore as toilet paper contains a chemical to help it break down when it gets wet, and its this chemical that makes you nose red and sore as it reacts with the moisture.

Do not use bog paper to blow your nose on, that's what make it red and sore as toilet paper contains a chemical to help it break down when it gets wet, and its this chemical that makes you nose red and sore as it reacts with the moisture.

learn something new everyday

Yeah, I didn't know that either.

I didn't know that either...
Also found out that blowing your nose too hard can delay recovery too! Apparently, some of the blow out can cause back pressure and instead of forcing out bacteria you may be forcing a tiny amount of it back up!
I'm still down... now taking paracetamol every 4 hours... wish me luck.

Why didn’t you have the Flu Jab this year? It’s to late now but try to get it next year. :icon_thumright:
I have the Flu Jab yearly, and when all around me are going down with a full-blown flu, I only get a runny nose if that.
Hope you feel better soon

Whisky ( cooking type Bells, Teachers etc ) Lemonade....Microwave 45 seconds.....sit back and feel sorry for yourself for few days!......Job done!

I complain as much as possible and make sure everybody knows how ill I am.

Best way is to just man up and get on with it, but make sure everyone knows that you could die at any moment.

i just carry on as normal worst case i have a whiskey but then again i'll have a whiskey anyway because i like it lol

had the flu jab last year.. made me ill... ive got a ****e immune system... fact and diagnosed... so when i get ill... i may as well be gathering the family round it gets that bad... and a normal cold turns into a death bed scenario... so i just want to do what i can to get back on track... anyhow.. the GP confirmed... that it is the norovirus and it can stay dormant in your system for 15 days!!

Lol eat the 5 portions a day malarkey, eat the stuff you don't like and your immune system will be shocked better.