Great, some guy reversed out of his drive infront of me

Mikemc

Scooby Slayer
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
As title, yesterday some guy just reversed out, I had to slam on the anchors skidded straight into the back if him (he's still reversing at this point) and pushed me into another car parked on the opposite side. I said a few stern words to him got his details and drive the car back home. Ill get some photos to see what you think later today. But both wings damaged and only front bumper damage is from the off side also the headlight where the impact happened.

Not good mate, not good. as long as you are ok that's what matters.

Reactions: Crazyfool
Its not a bad car I don't think, it feels a lot nicer to drive than my a3, great for sideways fun also

I know what your saying, if it was my fault id be honest over it but in this case it's not

Hopefully the fact that he carried on pushing you after he hit you, goes to show that he wasn't paying attention!

I know, I was fuming, I'm hearing through a friend who works with the guys car I was pushed into, that the idiot and his friend are both writing statements on how I allways speed down his road.

First off the road is hard to speed down with cars being parked everywhere having to weeve inbetween them,
And secondly I never really drove down his street anyway as its a longer way round to get around than just driving straight out my own street

unless hes a plod with a speed gun hes no chance hes not qualified to say your speeding.
its a simple 1 he reversed into a road without looking you dont need to giveway to him unless hes on the road already
i had something same ish a few years back took 18 month to sort out cos the ****** kept saying it was my fault.
i bet you have a really sore shoulder and neck tho.

Isn't it in the highway code about not reversing onto a main road?

Hope you get it sorted and it doesn't hurt your wallet too much, could have been much worse with injuries sustained and all that just before Xmas.
Just a suggestion, drive down the road again and have a look to see if any of the local houses have CCTV, if so they may have captured it, or could at least show you driving down the road at a legal speed.

Hindsight and all that crap, but a Blackvue is probably looking more tempting now.

you need to check his property rules, at my parents you cant reverse out without a banksman it's on the deeds of the house and the planning permssion!

I was a actually planning on buying a blackvue! I just hope it gets sorted quickly there no way I'm losing my no claims for an idiot like this

Bez what happened in regards to your no claims etc during that period, as you would of had to renew at least once in that time period.

i lost it
when we won i had to send proof off to the insurance i was with and got cheque back
then same to the insurance i was with when i won it got a reduction on the price and it was removed from there claims list

Should be a fairly straight forward result. Anyone reversing out of a side road onto a main road is immediately at fault.

As has been said, you cant reverse onto a main road. Your insurance company should be aware of this and not settle for anything less than 100% fault from the other party.

I thought it was illegal for someone to reverse into a main road due to exactly what has happened here. Your insurance company should see this.

not from a driveway unless its stated in the house paperwork

[h=2]201[/h] Do not reverse from a side road into a main road. When using a driveway, reverse in and drive out if you can.

not from a driveway unless its stated in the house paperwork

[h=2]201[/h] Do not reverse from a side road into a main road. When using a driveway, reverse in and drive out if you can.

But it's common sense to reverse in and drive out, which is basically what that tells you. It winds me up that so many people do this, and the guy still reverses out his drive so hasn't learnt!