AH FabricationsVolks Autos
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    After just returning from my daughters nativity play, there are no words to describe what happened in America. I know for sure I'd never get over it.

As Jeff said, I have no idea what the answer is. The arguments for and against are all very sound. It is however, nice to see such sensible and civilised discussion taking place on here, respect to all those involved.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status

School shooting in Connecticut.

Cherish every moment with your kids. They only grow up once and if you lose them it's devastating. I took mine for granted but not anymore

3rd Gear

Status

School shooting in Connecticut.

Sorry. Had a few drinks and I get a bit tearful ! Happy Xmas everyone !

Looking for Zombies !!

Status
    JDP, to be a police marksman you dad was one of the elite few, not just a good shot but a very relaxed and methodical person with a strong sense of character. My guessing is that he was also softly spoken, never yet met a good shot who isn't.
    Very few people possess these qualities. Be proud of him.

JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sidibear View Post
    JDP, to be a police marksman you dad was one of the elite few, not just a good shot but a very relaxed and methodical person with a strong sense of character. My guessing is that he was also softly spoken, never yet met a good shot who isn't.
    Very few people possess these qualities. Be proud of him.

Trust me; I am. He had all of the qualities you've just listed, in spades.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveslyUSP View Post
    I'm from the U.S.A. Connecticut actually, and all I have to say is guns do not kill people, people kill people. All we have to do (americans) is make the screening process a lot longer and harder to own/purchase a gun I own 3 guns and it literally took me 3 hours to get them. But I am no psycho that will start shooting up places for the hell of it. I wish this guy was still alive so he could get beat and find out why he did it.
    Personally, I prefer to see the Americans killing Americans.

I'm fed up of seeing Americans killing others around the world - with their God on their side, of course.

So keep it in the US of A, I say.

These are the guys making the guns, bullets and bombs after all; the American economy is based on arms manufacture, and using them -wherever- keeps their factories churning out more... and they just will not listen - the 2nd Amendment and all that sh$t.

No one is safe when you've an American close by with a gun on his or her side.

So go guys, let it all out and stop asking/expecting sympathy for self inflicted happenings in the good old US of A.

The choice really IS yours!
    Last edited by bluejay; 28th December 2012 at 15:04.

Status

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by bluejay View Post

I'm fed up of seeing Americans killing others around the world - with their God on their side, of course.

These are the guys making the guns, bullets and bombs after all; the American economy is based on arms manufacture, and using them -wherever- keeps their factories churning out more... and they just will not listen - the 2nd Amendment and all that sh$t.

So go guys, let it all out and stop asking/expecting sympathy for self inflicted happenings in the good old US of A.

Personally I prefer to not hear of anyone killing anyone

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bluejay View Post

What an ugly, ignorant comment.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

Looking for Zombies !!

Status
    Bluejay,
    There are very few guns actually made in the USA, with the exception of Smith & Wesson the majority are Austrian, German or Japanese. The American economy is based on Finance, manufacturing, farming and minerals.

Unless you have lived or spent a considerable amount of time in the USA you will not fully understand the 2nd Amendment or firearms. So any feelings you have on the subject are based on emotion and not facts. This is what the gun control lobby and Piers moron are basing their ideas on. Here is an idea, ask the people who are on the front line, ask the parents and ask the teachers.

And what do the teachers feel about it?
    US teachers trained to use guns in classroom 'to protect pupils' after Sandy Hook massacre | Mail Online
    And don't forget, Utah is a big Mormon state, Mormons are god fearing peace loving people who are not too big on violence.

JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

Short Back

Status
    12 years after Columbine, The Father of a murdered student speaks out.

COLUMBINE STUDENT'S FATHER 12 YEARS LATER!!

Guess our national leaders didn't expect this. On Thursday, Darrell Scott, the father of Rachel Scott, a victim of the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton, Colorado, was invited to address the House Judiciary Committee's subcommittee. What he said to our national leaders during this special session of Congress was painfully truthful.
    They were not prepared for what he was to say, nor was it received well. It needs to be heard by every parent, every teacher, every politician, every sociologist, every psychologist, and every so-called expert! These courageous words spoken by Darrell Scott are powerful, penetrating, and deeply personal. There is no doubt that God sent this man as a voice crying in the wilderness. The following is a portion of the transcript:

"Since the dawn of creation there has been both good &evil in the hearts of men and women. We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of violence. The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the deaths of that heroic teacher, and the other eleven children who died must not be in vain. Their blood cries out for answers.
    "The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villain was not the club he used.. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart.
    "In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA. I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun. I am not here to represent or defend the NRA - because I don't believe that they are responsible for my daughter's death. Therefore I do not believe that they need to be defended. If I believed they had anything to do with Rachel's murder I would be their strongest opponent
    I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy -- it was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of the blame lies here in this room. Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves. I wrote a poem just four nights ago that expresses my feelings best.

Your laws ignore our deepest needs,
    Your words are empty air.
    You've stripped away our heritage,
    You've outlawed simple prayer.
    Now gunshots fill our classrooms,
    And precious children die.
    You seek for answers everywhere,
    And ask the question "Why?"
    You regulate restrictive laws,
    Through legislative creed.
    And yet you fail to understand,
    That God is what we need!

"Men and women are three-part beings. We all consist of body, mind, and spirit. When we refuse to acknowledge a third part of our make-up, we create a void that allows evil, prejudice, and hatred to rush in and wreak havoc. Spiritual presences were present within our educational systems for most of our nation's history. Many of our major colleges began as theological seminaries. This is a historical fact.

What has happened to us as a nation? We have refused to honor God, and in so doing, we open the doors to hatred and violence. And when something as terrible as Columbine's tragedy occurs -- politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that contribute to erode away our personal and private liberties. We do not need more restrictive laws.

Eric and Dylan would not have been stopped by metal detectors. No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of massacre. The real villain lies within our own hearts.

"As my son Craig lay under that table in the school library and saw his two friends murdered before his very eyes, he did not hesitate to pray in school. I defy any law or politician to deny him that right! I challenge every young person in America , and around the world, to realize that on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School prayer was brought back to our schools. Do not let the many prayers offered by those students be in vain. Dare to move into the new millennium with a sacred disregard for legislation that violates your God-given right to communicate with Him.

To those of you who would point your finger at the NRA -- I give to you a sincere challenge.. Dare to examine your own heart before casting the first stone!
    My daughter's death will not be in vain! The young people of this country will not allow that to happen!"
    - Darrell Scott
    2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12