Putting a3 back to standard, where to start?

Gummidge

Reaction score
Hi all, I have an a3 3.2 v6 quattro 53 plate. It has numerous modifications, 19" alloy wheels, custom made cat back exhaust, lowered.

I will be selling the car soon and it was advised it might be better to put it back to standard. Do I put a thread up asking people with the same car if they want some modded parts for standard parts?

Any advice welcome,

Thanks

It's going to cost you money to swop to the standard parts! Things like the alloy wheels I'm sure you can do yourself on your drive, just sell as is is my preference.

Reactions: camscockle20vT
No point mate, you may narrow your market abit with all the mods, but! Most people who want a 3.2 audi and can afford the petrol will probably be greatfull of the mods youv done. Just my opinion.

To be honest I think the mods make it stand out. But when I put up a whats it worth thread people were mainly saying the mods will make it harder to sell and it might be worth putting to standard?

I bought my car because of all the mods :think:

Who buys a 3.2 v6 and dosent want to hear that baby roar?

If it was a nissan micra on 22s and a cherry bomb exhaust, then id agree that the 52 year old grandad market may be put off.

To be honest I think the mods make it stand out. But when I put up a whats it worth thread people were mainly saying the mods will make it harder to sell and it might be worth putting to standard?

Just had a look at your thread, car looks smart with the mods. I'd personally leave the exhaust and suspension on, and offer the car on standard rims or the 19s at a higher price, then see how it goes? Buyers's market out there, and high fuel consumption hatchbacks are not on everyone's shopping list anymore.