Any other separated Dad's on here?

TqsScott

Reaction score
As the title suggests, just wondered if there is any other separated dads on here? If so say hello

My friend has separated from his ex years ago, his son is about 11 or 12 now. But he isn't allowed to see his boy on Christmas day. His ex girlfriend is a ruthless cow. He's gutted. It's always been agreed he'll have the boy certain days and it actually falls on the festive period and she refused point blank and he can only see his son boxing day instead! It's upsetting to know that.

My friend has separated from his ex years ago, his son is about 11 or 12 now. But he isn't allowed to see his boy on Christmas day. His ex girlfriend is a ruthless cow. He's gutted. It's always been agreed he'll have the boy certain days and it actually falls on the festive period and she refused point blank and he can only see his son boxing day instead! It's upsetting to know that.

A friend of mine had exactly the same problem, he took her to court and ended up getting a much better deal than he'd originally had, and now gets to see his boy every week, and a stay over every weekend, rules for christmas and holidays etc.

Bizzarely also, since the court case, the relationship between him and his ex has now become much better and they don't argue over or make things difficult for each other anymore, which is much better all round and certainly for his child too.

I don't think I'll be seeing my daughter on Christmas day either. Just when things seem to be going well my ex decides to stop contact again without giving any real reason. I've been through contact centers before but don't think I have any choice now but to take her to court.

They don't realise it's the children that get hurt in the end. Good luck TqsScott.

They don't realise it's the children that get hurt in the end. Good luck TqsScott.
I am not a separated dad but have a few friends who are/have been and from what I have seen is the mums use the children as pawns to meter out pain and misery upon the dads with not a care in the world for the poor children.

I've been separated from my wife for 3 years, we split access to my son 50/50, it's brilliant and we get on very well. At Christmas I normally stay over at hers so I get to see the wee guy (5) open his presents.

Only down side is when you meet a girl who can't handle that......last girlfriend was so insecure and jealous.

Does your ex live with someone/seeing someone else? Does he mind you staying the night?

I am not a separated dad but have a few friends who are/have been and from what I have seen is the mums use the children as pawns to meter out pain and misery upon the dads with not a care in the world for the poor children.
Seen that to many times with friends...Its the last turn off the knife and a lot of women seem to love it...:tocktock:

But then again, there are nutcase fathers and the mother does it to protect their young. No one should be judged unless the situation is fully understood.

Yes - ex moved out with our daughter just before Christmas, took her away for Christmas. I was gutted but didn't feel as bad as I thought I would. She is unreasonable, but at least I don't have it 24/7 now. See our daughter regularly, maybe not as much as I'd like, but it'll have to do for now. I don't have the time or cash for Courts and Lawyers.....