BBC .. War on Britain’s Roads

I got it on in background. X

Its no surprise they get knocked off. If you drove your car like these nobs do you'd be locked up within an hour.

I saw it and i liked the calling card idea. "Check yourself out in 48 hours"

Westy_A3T:1735033 said:
I saw it and i liked the calling card idea. "Check yourself out in 48 hours"

I thought that guy was a bit of a ***** to be honest. Fair enough he does spot and film some really bad driving but I honestly think he will get battered silly one of these days. The fact he rides about on his bike like he is the police when really he's just another member of the public is just a recipe for trouble. I would be raging if he knocked on my car window and handed me a leaflet about my driving when he actually has no more authority than myself. The way he also grabbed that cyclist by his backpack is just asking for a battering. Fair enough he's not just picking out us motorists, he also targets cyclists & he is just trying to make people think twice about their actions & make the roads safer but the way he go's about it is just asking for trouble.

Wow it's scary I daren't cycle on main road it's ducking mental how people don't even realise what they are doing when they are driving. People drive with there eyes shut

I agree with Mikeyboy, yes get a helmet cam or car cam to rec info, but I think you still need to leave knocking on car windows to the police.
As for that “check yourself out guy” I didn’t think much of his so called safe cycling?

I commute 40 miles a day and will cover over 12,000 miles on the bike this year. That's substantially more than I'll have driven in the 3 cars I own.

Program just reinforced that there are idiots on bikes and idiots in cars. Always has been and always will be.

Key point for me was the summing up of the mother who lost her daughter to the cement mixer crash - we don't want competition on the roads, we want cooperation.

at least the programme wasnt biased. which when turning it on i though 'oh god no', bad idea.
but it showed views from both sides. as jason said, it needs cooperation, respect and understanding.
the wagon driver who took part in the show seemed a decent bloke.
that young lad cyclist was a complete helm tho. provokes the reactions he gets in both his riding style and behaviour toward motorists.

I'm sorry you silly biker but if you insist on riding in the 'dominant' postion (i.e. one third out from the kerb) as you smugly call it, don't whinge when I use the remaining gap between you and the centre white line to overtake you. No way are you going to force me over that white line and possibly into the path of oncoming traffic just because you have some chip-on-your shoulder about motorists in their nice cars, a character weakness or are just bitter at being one of lifes losers. Ditto the bikers who insist on riding side by side on a busy road - ah! bless they need to keep each other company and of course revel in holding others up.

I'm sorry you silly biker but if you insist on riding in the 'dominant' postion (i.e. one third out from the kerb) as you smugly call it, don't whinge when I use the remaining gap between you and the centre white line to overtake you. No way are you going to force me over that white line and possibly into the path of oncoming traffic just because you have some chip-on-your shoulder about motorists in their nice cars, a character weakness or are just bitter at being one of lifes losers. Ditto the bikers who insist on riding side by side on a busy road - ah! bless they need to keep each other company and of course revel in holding others up.
in which case a motorist shouldnt overtake until its safe to do so. rather than doing what he is doing and driving/pedalling in a way thats aggressive and becomes dangerous.
swings n roundabouts. no one should take the offensive just because another is in the wrong or travelling overly defensive