number plate Q

Danielson

Reaction score
Website
audi-sport.net
hey guys, i have a question about the german style n plates, i would like to get some, i see a lot of cars lately with the gb in blue at the end, but i want german styleee!

plate.jpg

now is this legal for a permant resident of the uk?? i dont wana be gettin pulled over for sh*t like that... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

The Government announced on 28 December 2001 the intention to permit the display of national flags and national identifiers on vehicle number plates. The Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001 are in the process of being amended. They will provide for the voluntary display of the Union flag, Scottish Saltire, Cross of St George and Red Dragon. Football team crests etc are not allowed.

Thats good news i thought the "flags" where illegal !!!! i remeber something about it in the papers BUT never heard anymore!

Hi all!

Joe from SpecialPlates.com here - I noticed some visitors heading to our site from here so thought I'd join up and say hello!

Yes, as mentioned, our German style plates are not legal for road use. Most customers use them for VW, BMW, Audi and Mercedes shows. They look pretty funky and our versions are made using the usual UK style plate (same materials and standards met) but include the 'D' Euro flag instead of 'GB' and are printed using the authentic German typeface.

Joe Wakeford
SpecialPlates.com