TDI-line's dilemma!

TDI-line

Uber Post Whore
Reaction score
Ok, as you may not know, i haven't had a car now for a year this month when i sold the R32.

10.jpg

At present have been waiting for the new S3 to be released, but in the mean time i have thought about getting a newish car to be the family runabout and dogs body, inwhich Mrs.TDI can use for work and putting the S3 on the back burner for a couple of years.

So am looking, probably for a quick diesel within the VW or Audi family, main views are of a Mk5 golf GT TDI 2.00 (140) 5-door. Picking up a nearly new one for around £14-15K.

My eyes are also taken by the new GTI too, but this seems a little OTT for the runabout. But after 2 test drives, i have defo fallen for this.

There is also the new Golf GTD 170 being released later this year, but i think this price would push it to the early 20's.

Would rather go for a newer shape car, to an older model, ie A3 sportback, but has only been out for a year so residuals are still very good.

BTW, our family car has been a clio dynamique 1.2 16V (no A/C) for the last year, which we will be giving back to renault. And i f'ing hate!

Any other ideas people.

Must be 5-door and prefebably TDI as will save me money for her work run everyday, and unmodded.

stigcopy.jpg

How about one of the new Skoda Octavia 1.9TDi or the Octavia 2 TDi 140cv? I know it's still a Skoda but they are now getting the respect they deserve. A work mate of mine got an Octavia RS and it's awesome.

It would be fun to mod it so it's like an Octavia 1.4, and then simply make bits of all the other cars on the road.

Also I had a drive off a 2002 Passat TDi very nice too lots of torque.

Only options if the A3 or A4 TDi aren't available for you.

It's great to be back isn't it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

I have to confess that a week today I will be parting with my 1999 A3 1.8T Sport, to change to an Octavia 1.8T estate.
On the test drive, the Octavia actually seemed to have a lot more poke than the A3, but I'm putting that down to the Skoda having done 70k miles less...
There, I have admitted it. I only wish I felt cleansed, but I don't.

you can have my A4 for 14K and i will worry about getting something else /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

James you are now an implant ...you have been asymiliated! Luke come join me to the darkside! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

how about the seat leon cupra tdi puts out 150bhp or the fr if u could pick up a nearly new one.

Not really into the Skoda or Seat scene, and i'm not into the Bangle look for the beamers.

Gonna have a look a Golf GT TDI 4-motion this afternoon, so will report back soon.

[ QUOTE ]
how about the seat leon cupra tdi puts out 150bhp or the fr if u could pick up a nearly new one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am with tony , mate bought the seat leon cupra TDI (lets u keep your ID) its bloodyyyyyyyyyyyy fast! honest try it u will love it ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Off topic/

Nice avatar Fallmonk /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

/off topic

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice avatar Fallmonk. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

Hijack diverted>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ok, i've decided on a Golf GT TDI 2.00 (140) 5 door. Can't afford an Audi A3 sportback, and there's any in the low £15K sector with any decent spec.

Going to have a look at 3 today (hopefully).

Silver, with 17" alloys and cd changer for £14K on a 04, 12K miles.

Black, with DSG, sat nav, cd changer and armrest for £17K on a 04, 10K miles.

Silver, 4 motion (rare), with vienna leather, armrest, electric and heated seats for £18K on a 05, 12K miles. This looks to be my favourite, but must see how she drives.

4motion, 4motion, 4motion, 4motion, 4motion, 4 motion.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

"Am I gettin' to you yet??".....Lethal Weapon 3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Gettin the Hint are we???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ok, had a look at the 1st two, both were very clean but couldn't see me spending the extra 3K for the DSG (auto) model.

Will have to test drive the 4 motion this week, sometime.

maybe a slightly larger car than your looking for, but ive got a volvo S60R and its the frickin' b@llox...
fully loaded, leather air con cruise con ..... goes like stink and feels as solid as a tank.
some of the other s60's look naff, but the 60R in black with its standard 18" alloys looks like the bizz...
and one of the safest cars on the road to boot. im way happy with my car, it needs no modding,has stacks of horses and rides as smooth as anything.
volvo has a bit of an old man in flat cap image, but to those of you who think that...... check out an S60R ...... ill say no more.
i know you gonna get a golf mate, but just thought id give you my two peneth.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Cheers Myzeneye, but that will be a no thank you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

The deal is done, after not owning a car for a year, i have finally bought one.

2005 [05] Golf GT TDI 5-door in reflex silver, with 4 motion, black leather, heated seats with electric lumbar, cd changer, arm rest and dual climate conrtol.

Had a great test drive, and the handling felt very sharp and acurrate like the new gti, and was very pleased with the accelaretion.

Won't be picking up for a couple of weeks though, as i have to sort the cash out.

Cheers guys, just trying to be pratical at the moment. Get finances in order, then move house, then maybe thinking about getting a quick Audi for me.

Pictures will follow when i collect the car in a couple of weeks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Nice one TDI theres no stopping you now mate...back on the road again...you must be over the moon! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Nice one TDI theres no stopping you now mate...back on the road again...you must be over the moon! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

certainly beats catching a bus LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

I will be when i pick her up soon, god damm those slow premium bonds, i wanna drive!

Nice to hear this TDI mate..... U drive careful...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I will be when i pick her up soon, god damm those slow premium bonds, i wanna drive!

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure if this was a joke tdi..... about the premium bonds...... but if it wasnt, im considering buying some for my son joe.......... well, the wife is, but im not sure if there any cop ??? ive never heard of anyone winning anything on the old premium bonds... ? and im not sure about the pro's and cons of setting up a trust fund in this way ???
what do you say ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Not a joke Myzeneye, i decided to put the money from the sale of my R32 into bonds. It takes 7-10 days to release the bonds. As for wining, well it is like all lottery-gambles, we had 6 payouts in about 10 months which equated to about £350. But if i had invested the same money in a high interest account for a year, i would off cleared around £700. I would still do these, but probably not such a large sum (not that i can't put a large sum in their now anyway).

But you just keep hoping for a big payout!

haha, good luck in getting sleep tonight..

[ QUOTE ]
Picking up tomorrow at 4PM.

[/ QUOTE ]
Enjoy your new toy, hope you don't miss the bus on the way there though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

[ QUOTE ]
haha, good luck in getting sleep tonight..

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fcuking shattered! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Never mind, After you've picked your car up at 4pm, you'll have to bring it straight home, park it up, have an early night and drive it tomorrow........................... NOT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

I wish, iv'e got ****** work this weekend! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ok, picked her up.

Pics will follow in about a week as i noticed a few mark on the front of the bumper that need sorting first, so the dealer will be re-spraying that, but otherwise really nice.

Annoying to hear about the damage..

I know the guy I buy the cars off well enough at this stage so I almost feel rude walking around checking for damage but when I pick up my GTI this week it will be no different.

Cheers Mark, i always scrutiise everything, i never take anything at face value, espicially from a dealer.

Good luck with the GTI.