Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    ...Watching you!

Status

Insurance Renewal

So saturday morning i get my insurance renewal through in the post. Ł1700PA. Now thats not too bad! Last year it worked out to be around Ł2300!! So as im with Adrian Flux, i thought i would look about and see if anyone can beat it as they guarantee to beat any like for like quote. I got a quote from greenlight which came in Ł600 cheaper!! It was Ł1099 for the same thing. Brilliant i thought! So with the quote i go back to AF and say that GL beat it by Ł600 and if they can beat it. For them to do this, they need proof of the quote with full vehicle details and also a list of the modifications... However, GL would not give me a full quotation for someone else to go and beat it! Damn it!!

Nevertheless, i am happy with a Ł1099PA premium considering that less than half of last years! Not bad for a 22 year old driver, 2 years NCB and 300+bhp!

Rich

2. # ADS
    ADS

imported_fingermouse

Re: Insurance Renewal

just got a quote of 450 off bell direct, the daft thing is admiral quoted 545 then knocked Ł13 off when i said i had a lower claim. But Bell is part of Admiral so wtf????

Warmonger

Status

yeah i got cheap insurance from greenlight also
    i do hope they are off setting the risk and not just pocketing the premium hahahah

Uber Post Whore

Status

Seems pretty good Rich. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

Post Whore

Status

thats a steal Rich, good on ya.

2nd Gear

Status

I got a quote from Elephant for a remap and they wanted Ł1800! Called Greenlight and they could do a remapped car for the same price as I pay now standard with Elephant (Ł930).

Highly recommend Greenlight and Neil who was really helpful and knowledgeable.

Status

Excellent Result Rich.....With all the crap you had last time with elephant etc you deserve a break....

Out of interest, did you try privalige? Everyone in the office had their quotes beaten by Ł100! I'm with them and they were the cheapest for me too, with the mods declaired!

...Watching you!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Excellent Result Rich.....With all the crap you had last time with elephant etc you deserve a break....

Out of interest, did you try privalige? Everyone in the office had their quotes beaten by Ł100! I'm with them and they were the cheapest for me too, with the mods declaired!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah certainly much better than last years nightmare!! I dont bother with other insurers as my mods go far beyond simple remaps. It seemd that most insurers are willing to accept remaps/chips but as soon as something as major as a turbo upgrade is mentioned, they refuse!!

Rich

1st Gear

Status

Privilege came in cheapest for me too on my unmodded 3.2. Cheaper than Direct Line, even though they're part of the same group.

I'nt insurance brillliaaaant!

1st Gear

Status

They won't provide a written quote just for someone else to go and beat it, but surely they'll provide you with a hard copy of the quote for 'reference' or something won't they? bit of a poor show if they won't give you a written copy.

5th Gear

Status

Ł1099 sounds pretty fricking good to me.

When i moved to london, my insurace went up to Ł924 per year from Ł638 and thats just a 5door 130bhp tdi!!!!! - and i'm 26 with 5yrs no claims!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img]

i'm odviously driving the wrong type of car - I knew I should have got the S3

...Watching you!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    They won't provide a written quote just for someone else to go and beat it, but surely they'll provide you with a hard copy of the quote for 'reference' or something won't they? bit of a poor show if they won't give you a written copy.

[/ QUOTE ]

No they only supply email quotations which are very basic in their information...probably for this very reason!

Rich

...Watching you!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ł1099 sounds pretty fricking good to me.

When i moved to london, my insurace went up to Ł924 per year from Ł638 and thats just a 5door 130bhp tdi!!!!! - and i'm 26 with 5yrs no claims!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img]

i'm odviously driving the wrong type of car - I knew I should have got the S3

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah considering my age .etc, its pretty good. my postcode is very insurance friendly too which really does make a massive difference (this proves it!)

Rich

S3 Drift King!

Status

Good result Rich, what's the mileage limit this time though?

5th Gear

Status

I shop around every year, one year one comapny seems to beat the others by a large margin, maybe just to get your business, but then the next year the renewal is alot more.

I honestly don't think I've ever stayed with the same company 2 years in a row, but I keep coming back to Direct Line as every time I re-apply I get a good quote.

It's so confusing (and a waste of time) nowadays with so many companies owned by the same person, you get idential quotes sometimes.

Kev.

2nd Gear

Status

looking at these prices makes me think i'm not going on my own policy for a number of years then!!! :-( wats the cheapest some1 has got insured on a 1.8T A3 at the age of 18? 1year NCB and no crashes.. its currently Ł1370 on a parents policy with millage limited to 5000 a year! thats with elephant by the way. Cheers.

Status

Ouch! that's worse than when I got my licence back from 12 month disqual (totting up). One company quoted Ł3k and said it would have been cheaper if I'd been banned for drink driving rather than persistent speeding.
    Drink driving must be more socially acceptable than the real killer, motorway speeding! T*ssers!
    I stayed on my parents insurance until I was 21, and that was 20 years ago!

...Watching you!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    looking at these prices makes me think i'm not going on my own policy for a number of years then!!! :-( wats the cheapest some1 has got insured on a 1.8T A3 at the age of 18? 1year NCB and no crashes.. its currently Ł1370 on a parents policy with millage limited to 5000 a year! thats with elephant by the way. Cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]

When i was 19, i had no NCB and been driving 1.5 years and and insurance was Ł2150 on a standard 1.8T

Rich

...Watching you!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Good result Rich, what's the mileage limit this time though?

[/ QUOTE ]

10k this time... And a year on and i've covered just over 8.5k so 10 is about spot on.

Rich