Thieving Gypsy Scum (long)

AndyMac

Retired from service
Reaction score
In the process of building a big timber framed workshop & office where our delightful concrete 50's garage used to be at the back of our house. It's just visible from the road. Was up a ladder finishing off the 1st fix framing with my newly aquired Paslode nail gun (they really are the business), when something caught my eye. I noticed a very noisy diesel Transit slowly backing up along the front of the house (about 100ft away) and the passenger giving the house a good once over. As soon as he saw me glaring back he roared away. Stupidly I thought nothing of it.
Later that night (midnight) had just gone to bed and heard a very noisy diesel engine, alarm bells immediately went off (in my stupid stupid head) and I dashed to the window only to see the same transit, with the driver breaking into another van further up the road. The vans alarm went off and the transit roared away.
Went down stairs to discover the thieving b*astards had been over the fence, round the back of our house, down to the air raid shelter at the bottom of the garden and had it away with about £3k's worth of tools & gardening stuff.
Stupidly I was keeping all the stuff that was in the garage in the bunker, which only has a flimsy locked door on it. So they stole loads of DeWalt tools, my sliding mitre saw that I'd just bought last weekend (£180), petrol chainsaw, strimmer & leaf blower etc.
They also took my sons "Mini style" paddling pool, a decent garden table & chairs and a toddler sized picnic table
But they left 2 decent mountain bikes which leads me to believe they were "so called" gypsies (dodgy old van, sheer f*cking cheek to not even wait until we'd gone to bed, and they didn't take anything that could be easily identified).
Funnily enough a bunch of "travellers" have just setup shop at an industrial park a couple of miles away and I did a bit of surveillance last night and there was all sorts of sh*t going down. Vans turning up, lots of loading and unloading so I went to the police. Unfortunately they're a little busy making money out of motorists to be interested in actual crime, so I won't be holding my breath.
The only upside is they didn't get the nail gun, which is now by my bed (in case they come back). Not sure what the penalty is for shooting scum with a nail gun, but I don't really care at the moment.
I seriouisly think it's time to emmigrate, this place is a toilet!

What lowlife, i would love to catch one in my house, and decapitate the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif with one of 5 samurai swords which are hidden around the house. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Sorry to hear that Andy. Just a thought, but if travellers have just moved in up the road, is there any chance you would recognise the transit if you saw it again? Probably won't be any use unfortunately, but you never know.

tw@ts mate..... abosolute tw@ts.............. theirs just no justice in the friggin world.... my sister has just had a load of these scummy feckers pitch up literally at the back of her house...... its no good i tell you.... but were i live, im sure the local hooligans will gather and pay them a visit for a bit of fun..... the thing i hate most about gypo's is the way they try to intimidate folk..... theyre no more than a bunch of cowardly s4its when their on there own...
i know how you feel mate, i had my van knicked with all my tools in, all dewalt... compound saws, drills, cordless jiggy and circ....plus hand tools...... its bad when theyre the tools of your trade and you bread and butter..these idiots must think your thick, i didnt take me long to find out which smackheads were robbing cars and selling tools etc..... i found out who it was and me and my mate "ram man" payed him a visit.... i broke his jaw, nose and cheek bone for the trouble. didnt get anything back though.
i also had my shed screwed when i first moved into my new house, we'd only been in a week..... they took my dewalt router.....
filthy pikey kunts...... my local paper had an article last week about how the pikeys had come to stay at a local "place of interest" (norton priory) and the council had footed the bill for installing water supplys, skips etc.... at the tax payers expense ( thousands) and the clean up operation costs etc....
on the next page was an article about the council having a crack down on fly tippers and the fines being £5000 !!!!!!!
surly the gypo's are flytippers not to mention the fact that they, both male and female, squat and crap where ever they so please.....
scum.
plain scum.

Thanks for the support guys. Just waiting to see how much of the claim the Insurance co. will weasel out of (as usual).
Already had to buy a load of tools just to finish the job, so I guess they could make a return visit anytime soon, but they'll have a few surprises if they're stupid enough to try it again.
Apparently they just swap all the stuff they've nicked with other travellers from different areas so they never get caught in possession, which is why they don't take stuff that is easily identified.
Our old house was opposite a really nice village green and every few months the tarmac wagons, caravans & numerous big dogs would take it over. You'd think that they'd at least keep the site tidy, but they were bin bags full of sh!t strewn all over the kids play area.
The council eventually got round to surrounding the green with big telegraph pole type bollards, but the next time they just turned up in a convoy, blocked the road and took a chainsaw to them in broad daylight!
What I'd like to know is how do they get their vehicles insured & registered if they don't have a fixed address?

they dont. neither do they pay taxes. i think city councils have a duty to make rgular pikey haunts pikey proof. saying that, they cut through the steel barriers by me with ascetaline burners.... yet when they do this, they arnt prosectuted for criminal damage......???
i would be if i did it so why arnt they.
i say we chase them all out to anglesea and then blow up the bridge.

Yep, they'd dragged this enormous concrete arnco out the way to get on the industrial site.
I thought they were really careful to have their vehicles road legal so there's no excuse for the cops to do a search of the camp?
Anyone know how to register to become a gypsy? Actually sounds very beneficial to be completely out of the system.

I hear this sort of crap all the time in my line of work,,,, these people are not what most of us would recognise as gypsies,..........They are nothing more than parasitic scum, and like any parasite, unless they are controlled they will destroy everything they touch!!

I don't condone vigilante action, but in the current politically correct climate, sometimes it's the only way that justice can be done.........

[ QUOTE ]
I don't condone vigilante action, but in the current politically correct climate, sometimes it's the only way that justice can be done.........

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to respectfully disagree with vigilanteism, in the long run you end up stooping to their levels. Who gets to control it? It is in itself a form of anarchy, and in resorting to such means you destroy the very values you were trying to protect.

By all means voice your democratic rights and if necessary vote your current government out of power, and replace them with a government that does do something about these characters.

You're right, of course, but sometimes, just sometimes, in the short term, it can help stop anti-social behaviour........ like smacking naughty children!!

Hmmn, smacking naughty children with moderation, yes, but imagine if you gave your child a light tap on the bum for doing something naughty, and a lynch mob suddenly formed and hanged you, that's vigilanteism, no control, mob justice, complete disbandment of law and order. Someone taking a dramatic decision based on the emotion of the moment. Nope, I fear that far more than I fear a slow police force and inadequate court system...

They have their vehicles registered through the lgitimate travelling sites. Which is basically a load of caravans parked up in a plot that they rent, which actually has an address. They register to this address a load of PO Boxes and hey presto they have a fixed abode for their vehicles. Its the same with taxes. They pay just enough to keep the law and inland revenue away.

Theres a travellers site about 40 miles away from where I live just off the A19 Northbound near Thirsk.