Offside for girls, without using salt & pepper pots

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
My wife and I were listening to Five Live this morning, & a woman was being interviewed about a book she's just written, called "Everything a Woman needs to know about Football". She read an extract from one chapter. It goes like this

"Imagine you're in a shoe shop, and you can see the most perfect pair of shoes in the world at the counter. But there's another woman who wants the shoes as well, and she's between you and the counter. You could barge past her, but you haven't got your purse. Your friend, who's at the other end of the shop, has your purse. If she throws your purse over, then you can barge past the other shopper, run towards the counter & get the shoes. BUT, you're not allowed to barge past before your friend throws your purse."

There you have it. The offside rule explained as shoes. My wife understood it instantly. I laughed out loud. It's so perfect.

hehehe I just tried it on my Mrs who previously was "I think I know it" and now is "oh ok". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

my wife is a pro she ALWAYS has her purse so she couldn't get over the girl in the storey not having hers enough to get the idea. i have managed to remind her that she needs more shoes though so let that be a warning to you all! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif