where have the forums gone?

sfource

Reaction score
On the saloon does the mirror tilt to help parking? its a different design of mirror

Originally posted by RS2:
Yeah, but you still have to activate the Automatic Mirror Memory Kerb Parking Function in the Car Memory to be able to adjust the level of tilt when you select reverse.

I don't know about UK cars, but my dealer had to activate this function.

See link. /RS2

Reverse mirror tilt
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Is this not the default setting, though?

When I asked my dealer, they did not actually know how to do it,
rolleyes.gif
and it was only when I experimented that I worked out the above sequence (I don't think its in the manual).

That suggests to me that the default setting will allow the function.

Originally posted by Tony B:

Is this not the default setting, though?

When I asked my dealer, they did not actually know how to do it,
rolleyes.gif
and it was only when I experimented that I worked out the above sequence (I don't think its in the manual).

That suggests to me that the default setting will allow the function.[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It wasn't activated on my car at least. You should ask your dealer to get the full documentation of all cool car & key memory functions!

/RS2

I'll try this on my car soon and let you know (I live in a flat at the moment and can't be bothered to walk all the way down to the garage right now)

It will be interesting because when I picked up my car (in Belgium) I noticed that the mirror wasn't dipping on reverse. After half an hour of them trying to set the option, which the tech insisted did not exist except for the 3 series (I have an M5) I remembered reading on bmwm5.com about having to flick the selector switch over to the driver's side for it to work.

Upshot of the long story is that they could only find one reverse/mirror related option on their diagnostic machine and my car would not take the setting.

I'll try out the steps anyway and let you know... not sure what will happen since when I flick the switch to passenger side the mirror immediately starts to move back up.

ciao

Ian

Neil, haven't you reached 1200 miles yet? I thought I was slow this time around, but you've had yours at least a week longer than me.

Have you had a chance to use the SPORT button, what do you think?

Do you have any issues with your HK system? 2nd time around I'm not so impressed with mine, doesn't seem to make much difference when you press the sound button. I wonder if they have changed the system since earlier cars.

At least you have a 'Sound' button. We don't even get one of those on the convertible.
frown.gif

Not enough room with all the other techno boll*x that's parked down there with the sport button, dsc, heated seats etc etc

Originally posted by steved:
Do you have any issues with your HK system? 2nd time around I'm not so impressed with mine, doesn't seem to make much difference when you press the sound button. I wonder if they have changed the system since earlier cars.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes, you are right Steve! HK subwoofers and amps were changed 09/01 in the coupe. Probably with other crossovers to solve the problem with rattle from the subs in the rear deck. /RS2

Originally posted by steved:
Neil, haven't you reached 1200 miles yet? I thought I was slow this time around, but you've had yours at least a week longer than me.

Have you had a chance to use the SPORT button, what do you think?

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I've been way busy at work owing to our main compeditor going bust so no time to drive much. I noticed a buzz/vibrate yesterday but I think it was distortion because of a crap quality MD record. It no way as good as the system in the 330i thats for sure. I think I'll upgrade the system though but keep the standard head unit.

Cheers,
Neil.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by steved:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes, you are right Steve! HK subwoofers and amps were changed 09/01 in the coupe. Probably with other crossovers to solve the problem with rattle from the subs in the rear deck. /RS2</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Damn shame!, I was quite impressed with the previous HK system (and mine didn't rattle). Now I'll have to consider an upgrade.

Just bought a couple more B&W DM 601 S3s for my home setup, bliss..

Originally posted by Phil:
On the saloon does the mirror tilt to help parking? its a different design of mirror
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Anyone?

Originally posted by Phil:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Phil:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Anyone?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Phil yes it does - big time.

Neil.

Steve,
I've got those speakers aswell, they are fantastic. How have you amped them up? I have an individual amp driving each speaker and the quality is outstanding.

Cheers,
Neil.

Cheers Neil, I take it you can adjust how much it does this by, like you can in the M3

OK. I got the settings done to my car that let you modify the position. It works really well. Also got the auto locking and two stage door opening activated- very cool. Milcars did
it free with my 1200 mile service.

Regards,
Neil.

Neil, I'm glad to hear it worked on UK cars also! /RS2

I have the same problem, my subwoofer rattles like no tomorrow. Sometimes it makes a high pitch rattle which is probably the most annoying thing I have ever experienced in my life. If I press down on the divider behind the backseats the rattling stops. It got so bad that I had to actually disconnect the subwoofer. I’m very close to stripping out the whole system and putting in an aftermarket one.
mad.gif

After trying to ‘fix’ this problem I came to the conclusion that the panel which the subwoofer is stuck to is just to flimsy. It’s not rigid enough to have a subwoofer stuck to it. I think I’m going to get a box that sits on the floor of the boot.

Neil, I'm glad to hear it worked on UK cars also! /RS2
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah - thanks for the info RS2 without it my dealer wasn't going to do anything.

Cheers,
Neil.

I cant see any car forums - only the general, av/it .etc

Rich

Still cant see any /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif tried logging out and back in but it didnt work!

Rich