Agree or Disagree?

necroeire

Reaction score
This letter could easily have been written in Britain / Ireland except we will never do so as we ar far too soft!!

Hearing that the state of South Australia changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered prompted this editorial written by an Australian citizen, published in an Australian newspaper.

He did quite a job; didn't he? Read on, please! You decide if you agree.

Quote: "IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT".

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life bycoming to Australia. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of Australia being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle.

This culture has been developed over 2 centuries of struggles,trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, American or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language! "In God We Trust" is our National Motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools.

If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture. If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like (A Fair Go), then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, Our Land, and Our Lifestyle, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this.

But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our Flag, Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,"THE RIGHT TO LEAVE".
I figure if we all keep passing this to our friends (and enemies) it will also, sooner or later get back to the complainers, lets all try, please.

winging aussies... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jesus i wish they would do that here too! Infact its funny how if you goto Saudi or any other country ruled by the Koran then you abide by it and if you dont like the laws then face the consequences. The west has become too soft its about time we got tough and stopped taking the cr@p from other countries immigrants coming over here and saying they are getting a raw deal and need it more like their homeland. ****** off back to it or somewhere else then and stop sponging off us tax payers.

I believe in the God of Speed, therefore to persecute me because of my faith (and persistent speeding) is religious discrimination.
Fat chance! But if I choose to flaut the laws on wearing a crash helmet and choose a turban, then that's fine. The minorities seem to have all the power these days. God forbid we might offend someone!!
Xmas carols/decorations no longer allowed in primary schools? What the f*kk?
This country is seriously screwed!
What happened to respecting the local laws and traditions?

[ QUOTE ]
I believe in the God of Speed, therefore to persecute me because of my faith (and persistent speeding) is religious discrimination.
Fat chance! But if I choose to flaut the laws on wearing a crash helmet and choose a turban, then that's fine. The minorities seem to have all the power these days. God forbid we might offend someone!!
Xmas carols/decorations no longer allowed in primary schools? What the f*kk?
This country is seriously screwed!
What happened to respecting the local laws and traditions?

[/ QUOTE ]

That Andy, is a statement I could not have put better with days of thought.
This country is going to the dog's...and I'm getting sick of it.

I believe that things such as not allowing decorations and calling 'Christmas' 'Winterfest' as they did in Birmingham last year is done by politicians trying to be PC.

I cannot imagine anyone who complains about 'Christmas' being offensive in any way yet Birmingham City Council decided to call it Winterfest so as not to offend.

I believe this was done by either a white middle class person who is not in touch with reality or by someone wishing to stir things up.

Have you ever seen anyone campaigning against decorations or carols etc? Yet for some reason these new rules keep appearing.

With regards to turbans, did they not test and find that they offered adequate enough protection? May suit you if you wore one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyone read the Talkaudio post I mentioned?

personally, i would have found "winterfest" offensive.

[ QUOTE ]
personally, i would have found "winterfest" offensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres a good point wot if we all complain about the term "winterfest" wot do they use next?
am sick of all this changing to suit a minority , i strongly belive in equal rights for all but that includes white christians! equal rights is for EVERYONE not just muslims/chinese/ect we have our times of the year they have theres ,
does this mean asians wont be celibrating "ramadan" this year or maybe re-naming it? maybe the chinese will move there new year in line with our new year ???
come on people use some comon seance! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

The God of speed....

So you guys remember when some guy decided that he wanted to make "Jedi" a true religion? All you need is 10,000 people to sign up and it has to be regarded as a religion, and therefore treated with the same respect as others......

You could be on to something there AndyMac.......

"Do you, Reverend AndyMac vow to never drive at less than 100mph where possible, and to ensure that all cars are fitted with nitrous injection, to spread the word of the great God of Speed and do his bidding in the traffic light dragstrip?"

"I do."

LOL! lets get it started!

Joking? Me? Never....

I'm sure we could get 10,000 like minded people to worship the GGS, then there is no stopping us.

365.25 religious holidays a year? Your employer can't say no cos they are geniune religious events.

Grant from the government to subsidise a pilgrimage to the 'ring every 3 months?

No tax on fuel cos it goes against my beliefs?

Man I think we have stumbled upon the finest idea anyone has ever had. Ever.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

Me please! Do we get any incentive such as free optimax?

I agree with the Aussie 100%. If people don't like the beliefs we hold as citizens of the United Kingdom, then F@@k off and go somewhere where they have the same beliefs. I'm fed up to the back teeth with PC, its a joke. If people do not like what we stand for, what we support, do not like a royal family, the fact we celebrate christmas, then clear off. I have no problem with a multicultural society. But that means that we RECOGNISE each others beliefs. I would never expect ramadan to be renamed, so why should anyone want christmas renamed? Please don't get me wrong here, if people are coming here for a better life, because they are in danger, i have no problem with that. But people who come here, expecting this country to change to accomodate them can jolly well go back where thye came from. It is perfectly possible for us all to get along together, without the need to rename religious festivals or areas of a city so that groups do not feel left out.

As for the God of Speed, i'm in.

I'm sure we can get a few other forums in on this too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif