Volks AutosChris Nott

Thread: Q7 Opinions

5th Gear

Status

Q7 Opinions

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News_Article.asp?NA_ID=216392

Me I think its stupid. Proper off roaders are made by off roader companies. Cars are made by car companies. Think of it...Porsche/Audi/VW making an offroader, how about Land Rover making a mid engine sports car.

In my opinion the only proper off roader is the Land Rover Defender. I do like the look of the wide wheel ones.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status

Re: Q7 Opinions

I think you're missing the point there mate.
    You seem to be equating off road 4x4's with off roading.
    As we all know the huge 4x4 market has nothing to do with offroading, but more a complete status/perceived lifestyle thing with a little bit of safety for the kiddies thrown in.
    It's the biggest growth area by a mile so everyone has to have an offering.
    It's very sad that so many insecure t*ssers feel the need to brandish their superiority in such a ridiculous way, but that's the way it is

Uber Post Whore

Status

Be interesting to see one in the flesh, the pictures never do them justice.

Freezing in Moscow

Status

The Q7 is a pity. I never understood why the Allroad is so pooh-poohed. My father's on his second after a string of Range Rovers and thinks they are ideal. It doesn't have the size and image issues associated with full-on off-roaders, it weighs less so is better on loose/icy surfaces, it has excellent off-road ability in terms of snow and mud tracks and most things you'd ever need to encounter save actually climbing the scenery (which no-one save hill-farmers actually has any necessity to do), is beautifully designed, detailed and made, goes pretty damn well, consumes less fuel and really isn't that expensive. Ok so the handling isn't as good as an estate-cars but is as good as a decent on-road orientated 4x4 and no normal estate car can do what an Allroad can do.

I never got why all the car mags slated it. They saw it as a jumped-up estate car for a jumped-up price whereas they should have feted it, the Outback and the (considerably less able) V70XC as intelligent and eco-friendly alternatives to a trad 4x4.

In producing the Q7, Audi has bowed to pressure and followed the herd. At least it has finally seen sense and produced a second-series Allroad (although it looks hideous compared to the current car).

6th Gear

Status

IMO opinion the Q7 is a waste of time infact most 4X4's are! Have to agree with AndyMac definately

S3 Drift King!

Status

I'm currently driving my dad's Toyota Rav4 at the mo', it does 30mpg and 0-60 in 8.8secs! lol [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Seen off a few GTI's in it when there's a straight piece of tarmac, a good handler, but definitely no hatchback... a pretty good 4x4 IMO, but made out of cardboard. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

4th Gear

Status

They are busy testing them here as part of their world wide testing program. I spotted one about 2 weeks back obviously without all the Audi badging and chrome work and with strange badges on it. I was wondering at the time how these Korean firms can get away with so blatantly copying other brands... it was only today when reading this article that I realised what I had seen.

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publi...cle_1516.shtml

I saw the one with the NC number plate. The tests must be somewhere in the Northern Cape judging by the photo's...

I for one like the car very much and would definitely use it off road.... I suppose African conditions are a bit more conducive to such vehicles... an RS6 is nice but I could never take it on some of the roads that I drive...

Post Whore

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    how about Land Rover making a mid engine sports car.

[/ QUOTE ]

They did as a group many years ago, it was called MG...

Neutral

Status

I think that 4X4's sadly are mostly used by the mothers for the 'school run' mostly what the Q7 will be seeing instead of actual mud!! Hope you all enjoy the pics of my hybrid!! [image][/image]