What car magazines do you read?

Aero wipers - better, worse or no different to standard wipers?

• Total voters
Well I read all three actually but I find a lot of stuff repeated in the Car/Top Gear mags. Evo is really for a dreamer as I could never afford the Zonda's and so on that are usually in that.
I like the top gear magazine but they sometimes spend 5 to 10 pages on a road trip much the same as the series is doing recently.
Car magazine seems to be one of the best as it doesn't appear biased in any way at all and gives all cars a good review.
That's about it other than the odd Car Buyers guide or Buy and Sell.

How come Hustler is not there? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
How come Hustler is not there? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And FHM /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif, and where is Autocar? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I have a subscription to Autocar and then buy Car most months. They are the most intelligent and informed.

I then occasionally buy Top Gear, Test Drive or Classic&Sportscar at the airport or trainstation if I've already read Car. Top Gear's ok, Test Drive borders on Whatcar? consumer geekiness at the expense of enthusiasm and C&S too often majors on seriously dull small cars from the 40s, 50s and 60s that really only small numbers of deluded (and frankly odd)people have a fetish for.

Audi Driver is dull - I'm sorry it really nearly always is. There's only so much information on the original Quattro and the joys of Audi 100/200 ownership that I can stomach.

I love their expeditions in unlikely cars that they do in Car.

Like the time they took the 512TR to the Sahari, or the time they took a 550 Maranello across Patagonia.

Pure genius - wonderfully inappropriate and totally appeals to my sense of the ridiculous and unlikely.

what car magazines do you read ???

none. i just peer out from behind the front room curtains out of the window at my car.... i find the arousel from this more than adequate..... you know what they say , if you need a " magazine" to get you off, there must be somthing wrong at home ..........

[ QUOTE ]
Evo is really for a dreamer as I could never afford the Zonda's and so on that are usually in that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you not read the bits about Hot Hatches then?
Evo's glowing praise for the Clio 182?

This months Hot Hatch feature?

I don't think it's for dreamers at all...its for people who enjoy the writing style, enjoy the cars and perhaps aspire to one of the 'wild' cars they feature.

I agree thet the do feature a lot of high value cars..but the writing style and photography are second to none and give you a good interpretation of the experience, even if you'll never get the chance to experience it for yourself.

What car magazines do you read?
Hustler.....(Is hustler a car mag?)

I supose you could call it one as it has pictures of nice looking rides...he he.

I forgot it but only listed the few I thought of off the top of my head.

But I did include "Other" for all the magazines I forgot.

I know there is more than just the really expensive cars in Evo but each issue has more than it's share of supercars and high end cars. though.

It has a slighhtly different angle than the others do. It's more of a performance magazine than either Top Gear or Car is.

I just said it's a dreamers mag as I always end up looking at the Caymens, Zondas, Enzos and so on and I end up day dreaming of them. The writing style is great and the articles are all very interesting and I think it's passing as my second favourite mag at them moment. Car is my favourite as it has the lot. As was mentioned earlier the road trips they do are wonderful adventures. Just like driving the Atom in the Artic.

best car read i find is the auto trader................ call me sad, but i buy and read it, even when im not looking to buy a car !!!
even sader, i give myself an imaginary budget, and pick out the best cars from each section ??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

[ QUOTE ]
best car read i find is the auto trader................ call me sad, but i buy and read it, even when im not looking to buy a car !!!
even sader, i give myself an imaginary budget, and pick out the best cars from each section ??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You are sad. It's official.

subscription to Car. Bought EVO this month for nurburgring stuff.

Don't tend to buy the others.. Auto car you don't get much.Top Gear ok - but other people tend to buy it so I read theirs!!!!

Car is pretty unbiased and the industry insight is generally seams pretty good.

Biased myself probably, been reading it since I was 13......

[ QUOTE ]
Second that motion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally.

Off topic: I dont read car mags I have a subscription for the "Custom PC" magazine

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Second that motion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally.

Off topic: I dont read car mags I have a subscription for the "Custom PC" magazine

[/ QUOTE ]

Now thats sad! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif