Sooooooo Bored...

• Thread starter imported_CurryMilkShake
  • Start date
I

imported_CurryMilkShake

If you ever thought something was boring.. just try an overnight data migration.. many 100's of GBs data transferring from one server to another.. cant leave it unattended.. Got to be done by 7am for all the users (note the silent 'L') to be able to log in.. a million plus filenames rolling up the screen..
so trying to ease the boredom by building another server that needs to be prepared.. watching it format.. watching files copy on to it..
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Now reading the MS guides on ISA server deployment.. zzzzzzz
and now Ive bored you all to death too.. dont care Ive been here since quarter to eight this am, its nearly midnight now and theres a way to go yet!
Never mind, at some point (in the dim and distant and probably twilight!) its back into the Audi for the trek home!!!

your bored at ten to twelve...... ???
ill give you a true definition of bordom my freind........

im a busy type of guy, if im not at work, im doing a foreigner....if im not doing that, im splitting my time (carefully) between the wife and boy, and my freinds and car cleaning obsession.......

ive been off work now for one week (after the hand op) and sitting round doing nothing kills me. no really.
ive watched drivel on the t.v all week and this evening, just exploded with frustration and bordom.
i washed the car, with one left hand...... then realised i couldnt ring out the shammy leather and got way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif off....... ha ha ha ..... it looks worse now than befor i cleaned it....

which brings me on to my ultimate level of bordom....its a job the wife ushally does, but i thought id use my obsessive compulsive car cleaning capabilitys for another use......
ive just finished one handed cleaning the cooker !!!!!!
how bored would you have to be ???????????????????????????
its a big stainless range type fooker and is a nightmare to keep clean. i give it the full strip down,,,, hob grill thingys in a baby bath full of biological washing powder, burner assembelys stiped down the lot...... might i add, the baby no longer uses the baby bath...its for daddy shed now.
i started off one handed, then became frenzied and now have the most unhygienic looking set of bandages youve ever seen. ( oh dear)
cooker blings now.
i started at 9.30 after american chopper and ive just finished now at 1:40 am ????
WTF???
super bored.
my jobs pretty physical and leaves me with little energy when i get home, but when im off.......... cant sleep at all.
just awake and bored. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

arhhh.... i see ive been demoted to a regular and my post count has been slashed ???? why why why??? i was diong soooooooooo well....

MZ you win!!

I left here at about 3am, and was peeved at that point, but Had a good chuckle at your oven cleaning!

I am a mere amateur at this, clearly! (Though nice to speak to someone else with a car cleaning obsession!! This I can relate to..)

I've just spent the second evening in a row, creosoting garden fences. I've has to stop early tonight, as I've run out of gloop. As I've still got about eight panels still to do, I'll have to get some more tomorrow evening. The drive to B&Q will be a welcome change from the tedium.

jdp... i feel for ya buddy..... painting fence panels is bad...........
thats why i bought a small electric spray gun for £29 from B&q....... and let me tell you it was worth every flippin penny...... i used half the amount of gloop and done the whole lot in rag time !!!
i just used B&Q's own fence paint and it sprayed through the gun fine. no need for "sprayable paints"........
ive done mine...... three of my neighbours have borrowed it and all said it was great and it still works fine.
money well spent in my opinion.
i sprayed the panels up to about half a foot from the top and done the top bit by brush, just to avoid any overspray. i have a brand new white conservatory which i got pretty close to without overspraying any of it.......
cnt remember the make of it, but it wasnt in the isle with fence paint and the cuprinol hand pump style spray guns.... it was by all the paint brush and decorating stuff.

one panel took about two or three mins to do and i gave them all two coats. i also painted the concrete posts and base slabs as they looked a bit sorry for them selves.... the fence paint bonds just fine and it all looks well smart.
so, jdp, stop fannying around and go and get one. you know it makes sense old pal.

[ QUOTE ]
MZ you win!!

I left here at about 3am, and was peeved at that point, but Had a good chuckle at your oven cleaning!

I am a mere amateur at this, clearly! (Though nice to speak to someone else with a car cleaning obsession!! This I can relate to..)

[/ QUOTE ]

4:45 am i went to bed.!!!!!! after the mamoth bit of cleaning fettishism, i thought it wouldnt be long before the little feller would wake for his bottle.... so i stayed up rippin music of the net...(got some beutey's) he didnt wake till 4 am ! so iwas in for the long haul.
this morning,needless to say, the missus said my zombie like state was self indulged and had me up at 8.45am to ammuse jo so she could go to the hairdressers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
think she thought i was implying the cooker wasnt clean enough !!!
lesson learnt. in future leave it well alone.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

so, jdp, stop fannying around and go and get one. you know it makes sense old pal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the tip, MZ. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif