Any plumbers about?

Wicked666

Reaction score
Website
www.talkaudio.co.uk
Just moved into a new house and was wondering whether I could fit a host pipe to the mains stopcock that is in the garage?

IMG 1990

I'm not sure but seems ideal for using with my Karcher on the car.

Thanks

it looks like there is a pressure valve to down the pressure before it gose in to the house so you could cut the drain off fitting on the right put a outside tap in its place as it will work as a drain of in its place . hope it helps

If you connect pre-pressure reducing valve make sure you dont use those cheap tap fitting kits, but instead just use brass fittings!

Thanks guys. I'm only renting the house so do not want to cut anything. Could I not just connect a thin hose the the bit dangling down (secure with metal clips) and turn the valve above it? Or is that not recommended? Alternative is hose through kitchen. Thanks.

Get yourself a 22-15-22 compression tee, a couple spare olives a bit of 22 tube, a bit of 15 tube, a new drain off, a compression 15mm equal tee, 15-1/2" back plate elbow and a bib tap with check valve. Then you will have everything you need to DIY

Get yourself a 22-15-22 compression tee, a couple spare olives a bit of 22 tube, a bit of 15 tube, a new drain off, a compression 15mm equal tee, 15-1/2" back plate elbow and a bib tap with check valve. Then you will have everything you need to DIY

Thanks but didn't understand a word of that so bought this:
0298812 m
Will be feeding a hose outside the kitchen window instead :)

Reactions: johnnythepie
you could just put the hose over the drain off on the right with a jubley and use a small spanner and open it when you use it . it just turns and opens

you could just put the hose over the drain off on the right with a jubley and use a small spanner and open it when you use it . it just turns and opens

That was what I thought and was hoping the answer would be 'yes'

Would this cause any issues with the stop **** though?

Lol, you could do that but it would be against water regs, as dirty water could potentially be sucked back into the water main. And it would be pretty annoying to use.

If you looked in B&Q you could find everything I listed and fitted a proper tap in under an hour.

Thanks but didn't understand a word of that so bought this:
View attachment 7234
Will be feeding a hose outside the kitchen window instead :)

If you have already purchased this, then just use it, it perfectly fine, and works! Unless this hose has to go round the whole house of course, but I wouldn't mess with the pressure release valve personally.

Thanks guys - don't want to do anything that could make the water dirty. Hose does have to go round he side of the house but no real issues. Only risk is these taps have a habit of popping off but i'll put a bucket over it to protect the kitchen :)