Car Insurance renewal time!

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Anyone heard of SureTerm Direct car insurance? My google searches have not come up with great reviews, they have extortionate excess and admin charges! BUUUUT, they just quoted me online to insure my S3 for 350, YES three-hundred-and-fifty-quid! fully comp with a 5k mileage limit(I doubt I'd even do 2k!) and mods declared!! Legal cover is £24.99 which I will be taking. The next best quote is £150 away!!

I kid you not!
quote.jpg

Thoughts?

Have you confirmed the price with them with the mods? If not, do this first and then report back.

Hi, Jojo

I'm sure you don't need reminding that the lowest price isn't always the best price. I've just received an unfeasibly low quote from Admiral via Compare the Meerkat. It's unlikely I'll be taking it.

Hi, Jojo

I'm sure you don't need reminding that the lowest price isn't always the best price. I've just received an unfeasibly low quote from Admiral via Compare the Meerkat. It's unlikely I'll be taking it.

Yes, hence the question. I doubt I'd be going with these guys, crap reviews, and extortionate charges when you want to make changes etc., it could all add up to being more expensive! ****** cheap though quote though!!

Yes, hence the question. I doubt I'd be going with these guys, crap reviews, and extortionate charges when you want to make changes etc., it could all add up to being more expensive! ****** cheap though quote though!!

You have PM.

Spent almost half a day shopping for car insurance now, mostly waiting for them to call me back with a better quote after speaking to their under writers! Such a bore.....

15 years ago, before we could get quotes online, I use to call 15 odd different insurance companies, and they could give me a quote there and then. It's a complex thing to insure a modified car these days. I trial tested GoCompare, Moneysupermarket and Confused.com with my modified car requirements, and out of the 100+ insurance companies, only a handful would quote, including the £350 I got at the start of this thread! Don't click on FMIC though, no one will insure you, if you have a FMIC, then you have to shop around!... I don't have a FMIC, but wanted to see what effects it had on the premium. Also, a remap with a 0-11% gain, vs 12-25% gain on the S3 equates to around 50-60 extra on the premium, based on these comparison sights.

Still waiting for these quotes...

Last edited:
Your so lucky though, paying that amount. Round where I am its not even worth talking about it. :(

It's a sign of old age bud. I've had my S3 for over 10 years, I'm 35 this year, and this is the first time I've ever had quotes for under £400 for this car, along with 14yrs NCB and clean licenses for both me and the other half... finally, limited to 5k miles, with occasional commuting to work use!
Another thing to highlight during my insurance quotes is, how often the other half uses the car? I told them very occasionally, e.g., picking me from the pub when I've had a drink occasionally, so they need to know how the risk is spread between us. Never been asked that in the past!?

Adrian flux we're the best I had and they have no problem with my FMIC when it's fitted.