Samsung Galaxy S2...any ideas please......

John@mk

Reaction score
Hi All,

Only had the S2 for a week now but seems to turn its self off from time to time but at least once a day either just sitting on a table top or in my pocket at work...... is this normal??

wifi turned on at home and data/gps when at work....Any ideas?????

Thanks,

No idea why, am going to look into this myself as this has just started happening on my wifes one as well over the past week or so.

just read this ,

"Just reporting back for anyone who might find this. I didn't go down the re-flashing route but instead tried disabling a few applications. Was still having 1-3 switchings off a day (for 5days) until I disabled Easy Battery Saver and since then (about 3.5 days ago) all has been fine.

now I've deleted this app....at 11am ....hopefully it might be this simple..keep you updated.

"

those battery saver apps are bobbins anyway, they never work. Hope it stops the restarts for you though.

The missis aint got any battery savers on hers, but its still happening!!

Ok a quick update....deleted the battery app and so far every thing ok,

Nilz,did see a clip on YouTube about taking the battery out and then putting it back and sort of springing the contacts ,almost trying to loosen up and then putting it in fully....hope this makes sence.maybe try and delet any app killers....worth a try and hope you can solve your wife's issue,

Cheers,

Hi Nige

The version is 2.3.4, the phone is on Orange, I have checked for updates a few times, but nothing seems to have come through, my bro is on Orange and has a HTC and he updated to ICS a couple of months ago now.

Mate thats old hat, I have an S2 & its running 4.03, go here mate, SamMobile.com | Everything for your Samsung Mobile | SamMobile sign up, goto firmware, search for I9100 & see list, should find orange listed, make sure you read any notes, you'll need a pit file, odin & the fw file, make sure you read it fully, been doing droid updates for ages now, fairly simple.

The samsung OTA, Kies & Orange are effing useless mate trust me, Orange are terrible for updates to handsets.

Although I have an Android phone, this is what annoys me most...how long phones take to get updated. Far too many good phones are using very old OS's, and the newest ones will run fine on them.

But newer firmware has hardware contraints aswell, so its not all plain sailing & some just arent upto the latest versions anyway, so in one hand I agree, but on other I understand the reasoning behind.

Look at iphone 3g using the newer fw's, v4 was a headache for allot of people, slow as hell, 313 was good(ish)

Just to update s2 is still ok and just checked it's running 4.0.4. What ever that means.......? Checked for updates as soon as the phone was charged ,

Anyway so far so good...

Cheers and thanks for the input guys.

Can you show me a screenshot of the about phone page so I can see kernel etc, as 4.04 is known to have issues in specific circumstances, but as its working then you havnt been in this category that would be affected.

You will probably need to root it and manually update it. That's all part of the fun though ;) get yourself on xda developers forum.

Yeah I use a few, xda is one, but thats the issue, rooting a 4.04 is part of the issue that can brick the S2, so beware.

Hi NHN,

3.0.15-I9100XWLPT-CL941023

dpi@DELL169#3

SMP PREEMPT fri Jul 27 18:08:15 KST 2012

Hope this will with anybody else if they have the same problem ,