Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    Bird is the Word!

Status

OFT to launch fuel price review

At last, the Office of Fair Trading is launching a full review of fuel pricing in the UK. I think this is potentially a significant step in getting fuel in this country proceed fairly. The story is on BBC news (apologies for no link but I'm on my phone and don't know how to).
    If any ASN'rs haven't already I'd ask you to join the Fairfuel website. It's free and down to their pressure that this review is being conducted :thumbup:
    S3 8P2 Ice Silver, RNS-E, Bluetooth, iPod connection, Adaptive xenons, black styling pack, sunroof, privacy glass
    Mods since owned: Milltek Resonated TBE, Neuspeed P-Flo, Loba HPFP, Sachs Clutch with Loba SMF, Unicorn Motor Developments custom remap, brakes + suspension upgrades, LEDs internal and external, more interior kit

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Great news.

Not sure they will succeed in proving anything, but good luck to them. I am getting royally pissed off with the huge difference between one garage and the next. 1.39 at the top of my road, 1.34 at the garage 2 miles down the road. Same petrol company. In fact, there are two BP garages on opposite sides of the dual carriageway, and the northbound is 1p dearer than the southbound. Same petrol company.

Oily *******s
    Live your life as if nobody is watching you.

Status
    There is 6p difference between Sainsbury's and BP round our way, and loads of people still use the BP. They moan like hell but then fan the flames. People should have the brains to boycott the most expensive, but too many company car drivers round here getting nectar points.

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Dont understand that buddy as Sainsburys are cheaper and introduced the Nectar points scheme.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

6th Gear

Status
    Sainsburys and BP both do Nectar points. So the people paying 6p more are either thick, lazy or drunk.

Status
    I suppose if it's company car the more they pay for the fuel the more nectar points they get on their personal nectar card.

6th Gear

Status
    Yeah, I suppose that is true. But not all company car drivers get the fuel paid for. And for me, I get a mileage rate fixed by the tax man, so it still pays me to seek a cheaper pump.

I want your faulty electronics

Status

New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Heres hoping something comes about of it as the last 10p reduction afew months ago was great. And now its back to the same price. The fuel prices are now crazy beyond belief. I was trying to work out it out.....when I did my HNC in Aeronautical Engineering I can remember filling the car up at Albrighton and it was 63p a litre. That was 1997.....so in 15 yrs it has more than doubled.....outrageous!!!!
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

I want your faulty electronics

Status

New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

Status
    It was £0.38 per litre when I started driving in 1989 and I used to moan like hell putting a fiver in the Mk1 Golf to get her to a quarter of a tank!! If you'd told me then I'd be driving a similar car in 20 years time and it would cost nearly 4 times as much I'd have told you to get help.

If I'd stayed doing the same job that I had in the 90's the salary in that job has not gone up 4 fold, yet gas / electric / fuel prices (and to some extent even cars) seem to have gone up hugely.

Whilst I welcome the review, fuel prices are too similar across Europe for anything to happen, so don't get your hopes up, and Osbourne's itching to whack another 3p on, so if it does come down by 5p, 3p will go back on immediately!

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    This makes me feel ill .....

Top Ten Cheapest - World Petrol Prices

1st Gear

Status

Re: OFT to launch fuel price review

sickening. theres a gulf garage not far from me in cardiff that has the cheek to charge £1.54 a ltr. yet i atill see people using it

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    This makes me feel ill .....

Top Ten Cheapest - World Petrol Prices
    Based on that chart I might get a boat and do 'fuel runs' across to Caracas once a month (3p / litre)! Mind you they probably earn about a fiver a month so it's all relative to income!

6th Gear

Status
    What I don't get is this:

These two garages are 2 miles apart if that. Today the price is £1.42 at one, and £1.38 at the other. They are both BP garages. I drove past them today and couldn't believe it. I am not from the area, but they look like they are pretty close together to me.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en...gford&ie=UTF-8

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Same where i live 2 shell garages 1 mile apart,, V power, 8p difference per litre...

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    All the petrol stations are independantly owned, so they can charge what they want to really, even if they are the same brand on either side of the road, annoying really, but what can you do....its business!!

We have a Shell by us that has Unleaded at 134.9, the next nearest one is 136.9 and the Sainsburys across the road from it is 137.9.

Who said supermarkets are cheaper?

I dont understand why all of a sudden the prices have started increasing by a penny at least every couple of days.

6th Gear

Status
    The sooner they invent cars that run off fresh air the better. The car has given man freedoms he never had before. A car that runs on fresh air will revolutionise the world and give the people more freedom than ever before.

And then we can tell Iraq to stick their oil back in the ground LOL