Mountain Bike Choice.

Greeny233

It's all about the V8.
Reaction score
Hey all.
After a little bit of advice from anyone who does a bit of mountain biking. I do a lot of cycling but my current bike (much modified Barracuda Blitz) is now ancient and was never very good needs a bit spending on it.
I've decided to buy an All mountain/enduro bike but I'm a bit stuck between a couple of choices either a Mondraker Dune (which has 20% off £1759.59 after discount) or the Cube Fritzz SL which is £2699.
Suppose I'm asking is the Cube £850 better, I do prefer the look of the Cube but if it ain't any better it's not worth it.

I'm not familair with either bike really, Cube are generally pretty good value for money.

There's a massive choice in that pricepoint, what's made you opt for those two?

I bought a Cube Reaction GTC Pro 2 weeks ago (Carbon frame hard tail). Usually ride Specialized Epic which is much more expensive, but the Cube is not embarrased by it and rides fantastic. Test rode Cube when I went out to buy HT Stumpjumper and the Cube was half the price and turned out to be very very good. Racy frame geometry, but a pleasure to ride, and looks stunning!

Go for a Specialized rockhopper mate. I have the standard model for £600 there are three models the other two run at £700 and £800. The highest spec comes with rockshox and avid brakes. Mine has suntour forks and tektro brakes. It is a FANTASTIC bike the quality is unreal. I once tried it on the hardest rated downhill track in Wales. It handled it easy. I use it for riding around the streets and trail riding. The bike is extremely light, can be thrown around very easy. Personally go with that bike, never been a fan of cube.. Go Specialized :D

The pictures don't do the bike justice. There aren't many people I pass without them taking a second look. Everybody on the trails are shocked at how much I paid. The bike looks like a £2000 bike.

Specialized Bicycle Components

If you want I can post some pictures of my bike when I am on my computer next?

Well I like the geometry of the Mondraker (has that downhill bike look but cross country ability also) and the same for the Cube, but the Cube is better spec and I prefer the colours.

AudiNutta - I'm really after a full suspension Enduro bike as I do like my drop offs and a bit of down hilling the hard tail Rockhopper will struggle a bit I think.

Last edited:
Well I like the geometry of the Mondraker (has that downhill bike look but cross country ability also) and the same for the Cube, but the Cube is better spec and I prefer the colours.

AudiNutta - I'm really after a full suspension Enduro bike as I do like my drop offs and a bit of down hilling the hard tail Rockhopper will struggle a bit I think.

If you were doing drop offs most of the time then yes probably it wouldn't be much good. Look at an Enduro? Less money than a Mondraker. Same quality, I have always been a fan of Specialized.

Stumpjumper also? Some specs will cost you more than a Mondraker but it is a stunning bike. See many of them on the downhill & the XC.

Reactions: Greeny233
No offence to the Rockhopper, but it's not really fair to compare it to a £2k AM bike.

I find the Bike Radar reviews quite useful.

No offence to the Rockhopper, but it's not really fair to compare it to a £2k AM bike.

I find the Bike Radar reviews quite useful.

Well I just find the Rockhopper is more than well built for what I do. I ride a red grade trail in Cwmcarn South Wales and it seems to handle it fine :thumbsup:

Thanks for the input everyone, just been out and bought MTB UK mag to have a look through.
Think I'm going to order the Mondraker, it's a £2100 bike reduced to £1760. Read a few reviews on it and the higher spec versions (R and RR) and they all said the standard Dune rides as well as the 2 more expensive models and it is very happy climbing, trail riding and on the down hills. Which is just what I'm after.

Thanks for the input everyone, just been out and bought MTB UK mag to have a look through.
Think I'm going to order the Mondraker, it's a £2100 bike reduced to £1760. Read a few reviews on it and the higher spec versions (R and RR) and they all said the standard Dune rides as well as the 2 more expensive models and it is very happy climbing, trail riding and on the down hills. Which is just what I'm after.

That price does sound pretty friendly now ;) Go for the Mondraker at that price. Not a bad looking bike either :D

Ha believe it or not changed my mind slightly, now going for the Mondraker Dune RR managed to find one with 25% off (£750) more money by £500 but the spec is much better and it's Green :eek:)

1b127a0cbe1c2f0b021afe2f88391f64.jpg

Last edited:
it's on it's way, fingers crossed I'll get out on it at the weekend. My first brand spanking new bike! Like an excited school boy.

As soon as I've given it a good test, I'll let you all know what it's like.

Buy mine ;)

Cost over £6k, selling for £2k!

486085E7-80F9-4591-AAF6-6149BC8D0571-13476-00000ED83C2DB881.jpg

Ha believe it or not changed my mind slightly, now going for the Mondraker Dune RR managed to find one with 25% off (£750) more money by £500 but the spec is much better and it's Green :eek:)

1b127a0cbe1c2f0b021afe2f88391f64.jpg

Nice bike buddy.....looks very similar to my Kona 4 Supreme. She's a little dated now but suits me down to the ground.