Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    AudiNutta's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Blackwood, South Wales
    Posts
    224

    Jarred Neck.. Help!

    Hi guys,

    Woke up this morning with a badly jarred neck, in absolute agony. I have had a heat pad on it for 5 hours! don't suppose any of you Audi fanatics would have any idea on what I could do? :D If so your an absolute dream.

    Cheers,

    Matt

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,435
    Chinese remedy, you need someone strong and taller than you. Using the palms of both hands, grip the sides of your head standing from behind and lift upwards stretching your neck muscles, then rotate your head in a circular motion(looking from above).



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  4. #3
    AudiNutta's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Blackwood, South Wales
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Chinese remedy, you need someone strong and taller than you. Using the palms of both hands, grip the sides of your head standing from behind and lift upwards stretching your neck muscles, then rotate your head in a circular motion(looking from above).
    Oooh.. That sounds unomfortable! Lmao

  5. #4
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Chinese remedy, you need someone strong and taller than you. Using the palms of both hands, grip the sides of your head standing from behind and lift upwards stretching your neck muscles, then rotate your head in a circular motion(looking from above).
    How many revolutions do you have to do?
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  6. #5
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,435
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiNutta View Post
    Oooh.. That sounds unomfortable! Lmao
    It's just using your body weight to stretch your neck muscles, it's not painful at all! lol

    Failing that, get a mate to push down on your shoulder and push away with his palm on your skull above your ear, on the effected side. You need to stretch the muscle bud, this method will hurt, but you will feel better afterwards.

    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    How many revolutions do you have to do?
    Just a few, 5 max! lol



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  7. #6
    mattfinn's Avatar
    Smoking is good for you

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Derbyshire, land of the free home of the brave.
    Posts
    807
    Neck pain can be a result of stress if no recent injuries. Where abouts in the neck? Tiger balm is a cheap and drugfree method of relief, and as with all injuries, prevention is better than cure.
    I was in a hit and run a few years back and have tried everything. My Tai Chi master Chen de Qing does awesome Chinese medicine, but just seen you're in Wales so a wee bit far!
    8P S3 S-Tronic BE. Stage 2 from Awesome GTi.

    Gone - S4 bi-turbo - forever a place in my heart!


  8. #7
    AudiNutta's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Blackwood, South Wales
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by mattfinn View Post
    Neck pain can be a result of stress if no recent injuries. Where abouts in the neck? Tiger balm is a cheap and drugfree method of relief, and as with all injuries, prevention is better than cure.
    I was in a hit and run a few years back and have tried everything. My Tai Chi master Chen de Qing does awesome Chinese medicine, but just seen you're in Wales so a wee bit far!
    The pain is in the lower rear section of my neck on the one side. I haven't had any recent injuries. I just assumed it was from sleeping awkward?

  9. #8
    4th set of a wheels in a year

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    merthyr, south wales
    Posts
    432

    My Social Networking

    Visit krisavant's Instagram Channel

    Re: Jarred Neck.. Help!

    Anti inflamortrys (bad spelling) should cure it to release the swelling off the muscles around your nerves.
    Your all swelled up and needs calming.

  10. #9
    AudiNutta's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Blackwood, South Wales
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by krisavant View Post
    Anti inflamortrys (bad spelling) should cure it to release the swelling off the muscles around your nerves.
    Your all swelled up and needs calming.
    Thanks, sounds like that could work! But I don't know if there is anywhere to get them on a Sunday?

  11. #10
    4th set of a wheels in a year

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    merthyr, south wales
    Posts
    432

    My Social Networking

    Visit krisavant's Instagram Channel

    Re: Jarred Neck.. Help!

    Asprin is a mild anti..
    Try that until you can get to pharmacy.

  12. #11
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,435
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiNutta View Post
    Thanks, sounds like that could work! But I don't know if there is anywhere to get them on a Sunday?
    Tescos, Ibuprofen should do it to reduce pain as well.



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  13. #12
    AudiNutta's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Blackwood, South Wales
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Tescos, Ibuprofen should do it to reduce pain as well.
    Thanks JoJo

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Help! Need a new coilpack!
    By SteveS3 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23rd January 2003, 22:29
  2. I.T. help please!
    By MisterD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 20th January 2003, 21:19
  3. Please help, my hard drive has disappeared !!
    By sidicks in forum Home Cinema, Hi-Fi and Gadgets
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17th January 2003, 15:43
  4. Help Wanted - Amusing slogan
    By Moresauce in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13th January 2003, 01:18
  5. Banner AD include help????
    By Administrators in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 7th January 2003, 15:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO