Chris NottAH Fabrications
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 59 of 59
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My mum needs to go to court!

  1. #41
    Nilz's Avatar
    Defo worth the wait :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,090
    Good luck mate, hope it all goes ok, oh and smart wear, alot to gain, nothing to lose.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #42
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    113
    Good luck to you and family today Jojo, let us know how things go.

  4. #43
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Solihull
    Posts
    73
    Good luck jojo, hope it goes well.

  5. #44
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    28
    Wow, I just read through what happened to your mum. I really hope you get justice at the trial. Good luck.
    Audi A4 - 2.5TDi Quattro 98'

  6. #45
    Les 51's Avatar
    A pint of Diesel please!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    687
    I hope everything went ok for you Jojo.
    Hopefully they have seen the truth in the matter and found for your mum.
    LISTEN TO THE Bluehorses THEY ROCK!

  7. #46
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,573
    Well what a load of ****** the CPS is! You can guess the outcome no? On top of the failing to stop and failing to report an incident charges, on the actual day, they added a third charge of driving without due care to the list, and my mother was convicted of all three charges, 8pts on her license and a bill for £830, not to mention another £900 for our solicitor!

    So they went with the 'injured' party, as they had a witness, and we didn't.... even though the actual victim seemed to have two versions of her statement, making mistake after mistake whilst being questioned, and being damn right nervous and twitchy during her period on the stand. Her witness just said what she saw, and that was good enough!

    I've realised that because my mother can't speak fluent english(she can speak it fine and communicate like a normal person, but when it comes to technical terms needed in the court, she has no chance!), we needed a translater, and a few terms was lost in translation which went against my mum, and that being a good samaritan, offering help to a person is deemed to be an admission of guilt aswell!

    Anyways, luckily my mum has a strong will, she took it on the chin and won't bother to appeal.... she said that didn't feel very fair to our solicitor afterwoods, but could still bring about a smile! So proud of my mum on how she stood her ground and continually denied she 'did not hit her' throughout the trial! She still has her license, and she's going to be 60 next year, so doesn't want to waste anymore of our resources(me and my sister's) and time on this, she can live with it!

    So there you have it, another scammer(in my opinion) on the winning side, apologies for your insurance premiums going up.

    And finally, UP YOURS! 'CPS'
    fallmonk likes this.



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  8. #47
    bez101's Avatar
    Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,525
    went the same way for me
    but atleast she stood her ground and she tried
    lets hope the next time they run infront of a car for a claim they slip under the wheels

  9. #48
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    113
    Well that truly sucks!

    What does th complainant get...does it open door for them to now seek recompense from insurance co.?

  10. #49
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Spr0cket View Post
    Well that truly sucks!

    What does th complainant get...does it open door for them to now seek recompense from insurance co.?
    I'm guess the victim will open a civil claim against my mum for compensation which the insurance company will deal with. The legal protection side of things takes care of this, and the insurers legal team has already taken a statement from my mother a few weeks back in preparation for the civil case in the event of being convicted of the criminal charges.

    the odd thing when my mum was convicted was the judge wanted to compensate the victim £50, then my solicitor stepped in and said she can't compensate her, she has no power to award that, it's a civil matter... to which the judge backed down and apologised, and it made me feel she was incompetant in her job!



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  11. #50
    jdp1962's Avatar
    Grumpy Old Man

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Cruising on a mountain of torque
    Posts
    5,680
    Jojo, that stinks. I'm so sorry that your mum has to go through that. She sounds a pretty stoic lady, plus she clearly gets a lot of support from you, but she still shouldn't have to experience such nonsense.

    Give her a hug from me.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals


  12. #51
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,573
    Just a quick warning to you all regarding legal cover on your insurance policies! Do not skimp on this, not for the £20-25 it costs for the cover, it could save you thousands, as this case will prove!



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  13. #52
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,573
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    Jojo, that stinks. I'm so sorry that your mum has to go through that. She sounds a pretty stoic lady, plus she clearly gets a lot of support from you, but she still shouldn't have to experience such nonsense.

    Give her a hug from me.
    It's quite simple Jeff, she's the person that gave birth to me, and taught me much of what's right or wrong. I'm definitely grateful for that, as I think I'm a pretty decent guy from all the experiences she's had to make me a better person!!



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  14. #53
    jdp1962's Avatar
    Grumpy Old Man

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Cruising on a mountain of torque
    Posts
    5,680
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    It's quite simple Jeff, she's the person that gave birth to me, and taught me much of what's right or wrong. I'm definitely grateful for that, as I think I'm a pretty decent guy from all the experiences she's had to make me a better person!!
    Couldn't have put it better.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals


  15. #54
    Nilz's Avatar
    Defo worth the wait :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,090
    Sorry to hear this mate, hope your mum is ok and not too down with it all.

  16. #55
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Just a quick warning to you all regarding legal cover on your insurance policies! Do not skimp on this, not for the £20-25 it costs for the cover, it could save you thousands, as this case will prove!
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    not to mention another £900 for our solicitor!
    Sorry to hear about the outcome, definitely sounds like a scam if you ask me. I'm just a bit confused here, will you get the £900 you paid for a solicitor back from the legal cover?

  17. #56
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,573
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmithee View Post
    Sorry to hear about the outcome, definitely sounds like a scam if you ask me. I'm just a bit confused here, will you get the £900 you paid for a solicitor back from the legal cover?
    No mate, that's the charge for having a trial with a solicitor. My mother was not entitled to legal aid, as her combined income with my dad was not low enough. Even though my Dad is retired and on a pension, and my mum's current income is less than £10k per annum. The legal aid side of thing pays for compensation claims made against the driver from motoring incidents, e.g. whiplash claims, and in this incidence, claim for being hit by a car.



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  18. #57
    Prawn's Avatar
    My other car is a MINI!!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    9,374
    Really sorry to hear about this Joe

    And people really wonder why the public have no faith in the CPS?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

    But I know nothing so ignore me.

  19. #58
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    397
    Complete joke. It's so annoying and damn right disgraceful that the justice system does this to us all. I've been lucky never to have a court case agaisnt me, but I can only admire your mums strength to keep her chin up and smile. Kudos for keeping her head held high through the lot. She knew what was being made agaisnt her and fought a case that was stacked agaisnt her. Well done for being the bigger person.

  20. #59
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    2,219
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Well what a load of ****** the CPS is! You can guess the outcome no? On top of the failing to stop and failing to report an incident charges, on the actual day, they added a third charge of driving without due care to the list, and my mother was convicted of all three charges, 8pts on her license and a bill for £830, not to mention another £900 for our solicitor!

    So they went with the 'injured' party, as they had a witness, and we didn't.... even though the actual victim seemed to have two versions of her statement, making mistake after mistake whilst being questioned, and being damn right nervous and twitchy during her period on the stand. Her witness just said what she saw, and that was good enough!

    I've realised that because my mother can't speak fluent english(she can speak it fine and communicate like a normal person, but when it comes to technical terms needed in the court, she has no chance!), we needed a translater, and a few terms was lost in translation which went against my mum, and that being a good samaritan, offering help to a person is deemed to be an admission of guilt aswell!

    Anyways, luckily my mum has a strong will, she took it on the chin and won't bother to appeal.... she said that didn't feel very fair to our solicitor afterwoods, but could still bring about a smile! So proud of my mum on how she stood her ground and continually denied she 'did not hit her' throughout the trial! She still has her license, and she's going to be 60 next year, so doesn't want to waste anymore of our resources(me and my sister's) and time on this, she can live with it!

    So there you have it, another scammer(in my opinion) on the winning side, apologies for your insurance premiums going up.

    And finally, UP YOURS! 'CPS'
    Unfortunately jo, this is what I and my fellow compatriots had to deal with on a daily basis.And you wonder why plod and the public are pizzed off.My frustrations are with you matey.
    Pass me my sock

    Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. You will all need to reregister!
    By Ads in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13th December 2010, 17:58
  2. needs for speed hot pursuit 2
    By CARACTERE007 in forum Video Gaming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24th February 2003, 17:25
  3. I need you views - Buy or Wait
    By noodle in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 22nd February 2003, 09:44
  4. Who needs Coil Packs?
    By NeuSkoolA3 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 25th January 2003, 13:50
  5. Help! Need a new coilpack!
    By SteveS3 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23rd January 2003, 22:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO