9 year jail sentence for 180mph chase

yeah, heard about this earlier, Had to laugh at this bit though :

"Despite the BMW being a powerful car, it was absolutely no match for the Audi.
"…during the chase it almost outran a police helicopter."

did have me laughing.... thats one hell of a machine....

Didnt look like sparks to me. Thats the hot exhaust gases coming out the back being picked up on IR.........180 mph....this must be the highest recorded speed in the UK as the previous was 172mph on the A420 near Kingston Bagpuize in Oxfordshire. The highest recorded in Scotland is 166mph on Dolphington straight (3 miles from me and what a straight piece of road it is) by a biker.

It's not that chap who popped up here the other week in the panther black RS5 is it! :lmfao:

I'm sure our social justice system will make a 'gentleman' of him once he's out in 3 years.

Good taste in cars though, can't knock him for that, love the RS5.

I still have my liberty and can drop the soap in the shower without fear...so, no, wasnt me :) Nice to know what the car is capable of though hehe

Didnt look like sparks to me. Thats the hot exhaust gases coming out the back being picked up on IR.........180 mph....this must be the highest recorded speed in the UK as the previous was 172mph on the A420 near Kingston Bagpuize in Oxfordshire. The highest recorded in Scotland is 166mph on Dolphington straight (3 miles from me and what a straight piece of road it is) by a biker.

Recorded being the key word there...

****** hell, I just googled how far it would take to stop at 180mph, and it says 500metres /1500ft... :O

180mph on a public road for even a micro-second is suicidal! What do you do when someone pulls out to overtake half a mile up the road?

What made the car worth £85k? They don't cost that much do they?? (please tell me they don't!)

And I wonder what the "mods" were...twin turbos, supercharger??

What made the car worth £85k? They don't cost that much do they?? (please tell me they don't!)

And I wonder what the "mods" were...twin turbos, supercharger??

Base price is £58K, with all the options ticked you can get that up to £80K (just the ceramic brakes are almost £7K)....the mods were probably an ECU remap and upgraded exhaust. With just the speed limiter removed it would 'only' get to 174mph.

what a load a ******** , they estimated he was doing 180:blownose:, I estimate that with a big enough hill , my car can do 160 :jester:

hmm 9 year he will do half
4 year ban will be up on his relese
they think of everything.

he is my hero but i hate him for breaking my ****** record of 154mph by a long shot.

Base price is £58K, with all the options ticked you can get that up to £80K (just the ceramic brakes are almost £7K)....the mods were probably an ECU remap and upgraded exhaust. With just the speed limiter removed it would 'only' get to 174mph.

Apparently it was running a Lamborghini V10???!!!

I still have my liberty and can drop the soap in the shower without fear...so, no, wasnt me :) Nice to know what the car is capable of though hehe

Lol. size of anus before jail = .
size of anus in jail = 0

Apparently it was running a Lamborghini V10???!!!

All RS5's have a modified Lambo engine (2 cylinders less). Where did you see that he was running a v10?

I think the press has just gotten a tad over-excited by the whole 'modified car doind 180mph' thing.

Rs5's have the V8 that was in the old RS4. No lambo engine, just an Audi V8 with probably a remap and exhausts. But 180! You can probably do that derestricted! I had an s4 for a few days and on a runway it did 164 easily.

Bez, generally disqual follows consecutively on from a custodial...

they did away with that ages ago
ban starts from day of sentenced even on death by DD.

No respect for the idiot driving the car, but he was chased several times by the police, and evaded capture for quite some time. Got to have some talent behind the wheel for that... Shame it's not put to good use in the first place!

they did away with that ages ago
ban starts from day of sentenced even on death by DD.

Believe it or not, there is no set procedure, whether the disqualification period runs concurrently or consecutively is down to the discretion of the disqualifying court. You would obviously like it to run consecutively, so he still has a four year ban to serve after his release, but even if it runs consecutively, he will probably still need to retake his driving test, and declare that ban in the future when he applies for insurance etc, (although I accept the chances of him doing that are slim lol) - it is still a penalty in it's own right.

the guy in this thread is a tool.

but this guy is a legend:
[ytv]CXJaMNbwJHY[/ytv]

smokey nagata (head of top secret) got deported with his car after doing this. think he may also be banned.

a ha, a better one, 197mph will be hard to beat.
[ytv]F-QKOr_nP_Q&feature=related[/ytv]