Monster MotorsportSky Insurance

Thread: I-pod

Uber Post Whore

Status

I-pod

Guys,

have been thinking about getting one of these, any thoughts on them? Cheapest place to buy, and are they easy to use and set-up.

Quite like the U2 edition.

Is the small one any good though?

Thanks,

TDI. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status

Re: I-pod

I've got the Ipod mini and it's brilliant much better than my old portable CD player. I use it in the car with the itrip without any problems, take it on holiday with a set of mini speakers.

To use is simplicity it self. Setting up is a doddle as well. The only trouble you;ll have is downloading all your CD's onto it as it takes time. As soon as you have done it though adding new Cd's as you buy them isn't a biggy.

Have a look here ClickME for a web site that has lots of deals listed - checkout coupons and the such.

J.

1st Gear

Status

I'll agree with MB. I use the extreme mac airplay with no worries. It also means if you have a FM radio you can play your own tunes. Wouldn't be without it now.

imported_CurryMilkShake

Ipod - great to use but a few concerns.. in the 4 months or so of having one, (4th gen 20GB) its been back to aple twice - 1st time for continual crashing despite reinitialising the unit and reloading everything every few days.. 2nd time for failure of the controls..

to be fair, service from apple is very good - fill out all the details on the website, they send a packet to wrap it in, they collect it and they return it.. but even so, it shouldnt be like that..

Plus, and for me this was the biggest plus, the sound quality is just not there.. even (or especially!) with an expensive pair of sennheiser headphones, the sound is not up to either the Archos unit I already had, or the (cheaper) Creative Zen unit another son has..
    However, thats a personal preference thing - so go somewhere that has a few of them in stock (Dixons?) and listen to them yourself.

I'm a fan of apple kit generally - but on the basis of this so far would hesitate to reccommend it!

5th Gear

Status

TDI - They are good, I've only had mine (ipod photo 30gb) about four months and have had no problems with it at all. dead easy to set up and use.

You can get them a bit cheaper on ebay but it's a bit of a gamble with some of them, also, apple have just re-launched the standard 20gb model and it now has a colour screen like the photo version.

somewhere like pricerunner should show you all the best prices for them.

IMO - The mini 4 or 6gb is good but I wanted to put all my music onto it so I went for one with a bigger capacity.

good luck mate

Mike

Grumpy Old Man

Status

I've had a 4G iPod-mini for about ten months now. 100% happy with it. Whichever one you get, make sure you chance the bundled phones for a decent pair. I use the Sony MDR-21LP, in-ear model, cost about 17.99. They don't look too special but sound excellent, plus they don't invite people to mug you & nick your i-Pod

5th Gear

Status

I have the 4G iPod 40GB for about a year now and it's great. Got it off ebay new from the states for about half the price they are charging here in the shops.

Got the ICE>Link for the car so am really happy with it. I also have a XClef 40GB from advancedmp3players and I use this to hold my music. I then sync the iPod off of it so if I ever have to reformat my laptop or anything I lose no music at all.

Only wish they came in black with a red diaplay. Got a black silicone cover but it's shLt.

Uber Post Whore

Status

Cheers for the info guys.

They do seem to sell out very quickly from the retailers around here, but bought the Mrs the shuffle yesterday 512kb, just for the gym. So will have a play with that, then probably go for this....

Uber Post Whore

Status

Here you go.

press