Badger5JMB Retrofits

Status

Can you set off a speed camera on a push bike?

Anyone know what sort of speed you can get up to on a bicycle on the flat?
    Thinking of strapping my road angel to my Marin and trying it out. Should get a few false SP30's to any motorist nearby.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Uber Post Whore

Status

Re: Can you set off a speed camera on a push bike?

Worth a try AndyMac, i would off thought you could have achieved 30-35 going down hill. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

3rd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Worth a try AndyMac, i would off thought you could have achieved 30-35 going down hill.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guys on the Tour De France can do this on the flat and reach 60 mph downhill..... should trigger a camera...

VOIP Dude

Status

Yes you can [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

6th Gear

Status

yes you can, plus done for drink driving too. I managed 44.1 mph on my mountain bike once - legs were flying round plus I was tucked up behind a friend on a longsteep hill [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

4th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    yes you can, plus done for drink driving too. I managed 44.1 mph on my mountain bike once - legs were flying round plus I was tucked up behind a friend on a longsteep hill [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess, off a large cliff with a tail wind... ha ha ha

Grumpy Old Man

Status

About 25 years ago, after a long night on the pi$$ with my brothers, I was stopped by a policeman just after closing time, for riding a bike one-handed whilst drunk. Mind you, I wasn't doing more than about 5mph, so no chance of setting off a camera even if they'd been invented then.

I was less than 100 yards from home, and when I told him the reason I was riding one-handed was that I had three fish suppers tucked under my arm which were going cold (my brothers had drawn lots & made me go & get them as I was the youngest), he let me go.

Those were the days.....

5th Gear

Status

"Fish Suppers" - Ha Ha Ha Ha [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif[/img] - Mint - Oh the mind paints a crackin' picture.....

2nd Gear

Status

On a nice bit of road you can hit 30mph on the flat, but for a decent speed you need a hill, and no wind in your face.
    I hit 53mph on the downhill run into Brighton on the L2B a few years back, that was great - your ears get wet as your eyes water and it runs horizontally. Sweet, and incredibly stable too.

Got 40mph on my 5 gear chopper downhill and I thought it was going to fall to bits it was shaking that much and yes a camera would work some motorbikes give a smaller image and they set them off

6th Gear

Status

It is amazing the tow effect you can get on a push bike, the time I got that speed I was less than 2 feet from the bike in front. The minute I looked up and moved to the side the speed dropped drastically. The guy didnt believe the speed until I showed him the speedo LOL

28v6

Make Sure...Andy, that, as you go past at speed, giving it full pelt, that the cark of yer arse is showing or rather.. smiling as you go by!! :-)

Incidentallly did any of you read in the paper during the week about a group of typical scottish lads out on the [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif[/img]?? They go back to the mates house to have more, and one of them is that much in a stupor that he passes out. The others thinking that they'll have a laugh on him try to shave an eyebrow off, to no avail... then they come up with the idea to shave the hairs on his ass off.. the razor refused to work, so as a last resort one of them reaches for the lighter.... but wasn't prepared for what happened next........ Guy in stupor farts singeing his ass and back... whats worse was that his mates then try to apply a "lotion" (Didn't say what type) to the burnt area to calm it down.... end result??? His mates got fined 700 + 140hrs community service for GBH. All in yer daily paper............. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

Uber Post Whore

Status

Nice find 28v6. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

imported_Wicked666

i heard a story of someone on a bike setting one off everyday. eventually the police waited for him one day and told him off. The speed limit is for any 'carriage' so the guy could be found guilty of breaking law.

Status

and get his cycling proficiency badge revoked?
    (really showing my age now)

Grumpy Old Man

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    and get his cycling proficiency badge revoked?
    (really showing my age now)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive still got mine!!

1st Gear

Status

Did John O'Groats to Landsend in '97 and was stopped for speeding by a nice officer with a radar gun doing 38 in a 30 zone just outside Jedburgh. He let us off as we were doing the ride for chrity but the received a lettr when I got back home with a caution and the next time 3 points would be added to my driving licence. Does that mean you have to do the theory test as part of your cycling proficiency now??

God help me if I was fit enough to be cycling Tour De France speeds and did 60 in a 30, automatic driving ban??

Status

Is that a wind up?
    They can't endorse your driving licence for offences on a push bike? Just give a fake name & address and say you don't have a licence.
    I'm all for mandatory insurance for bike riders (as they tend to cause the accidents that they get hurt in), but that's ridiculous.
    Oh and bloody horse riders as well. If I wanted to take a vehicle weighing over a ton that I have no control over out on the public road I think the feds would soon have me up in court.

1st Gear

Status

No word of a lie, was completely surprised when I got the letter. So much for honesty, but apparently bicycle related offences are endorsable on your driving licence as it is a licence to use the public highways irrespective of the vehicle used.

Utter B [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif[/img]ks!! I'm waiting for the time when it increases your insurance premiums too! Anything for brokers to get in on the scam!

Whoever does not try, does not learn.

Status

Im planning on using my remote control car (<font color="red">HPI Racing</font>) to set the camera off just for a laugh! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Status

But what if you don't have a driving licence?
    Do they carry the endorsement over until you get one?