opinions please

craiga

Reaction score
Hi All

This is my first audi,a4 sline special edition 170. I called around to my mates brothers house to get my sat nav disc unlocked. Whilst i was there he said could he take the car for a spin as he is thinking of getting a b7 model,hes had all audi b5,b6 etc. He was not impressed at all!!!! said his 130 b6 would eat it. He called his mate a vw mechanic who also said the 170 b7 audis are dead compared to the b6 130!!!! Anyone any input on this??? he said the 170 golfs etc are fast but the 170 b7 audis are dead!!!!!!!! He also said my steering was fat too heavy!!!! LOL.

Not sure how any of us can offer an opinion, as we haven't driven your car. The only opinion of the car that matters is yours. If you're happy with it, why worry about what someone else thinks?

my car is spot on,just curious as to how the models varie as i have never owned a audi before .Strange also that a vw mechanic agrees that b7s 170 are dead!! anyone on here owned both models??? compared to my remapped st focus its a wee bit slow!!!!! lol

I'd look at the positives and like Jeff said if your happy who cares.

An Audi looks better than a VW, that's all you got to remember lad.

i think youll find hes talking testicles.Dont forget that the golfs are lighter in any case

According to Parkers it should be around 8.3secs to 60, which is sprightly enough for a 50mpg wagon

thanks for the input lads,much better looking than vw alright