170 bhp does it exist

craiga

Reaction score
Hi all
Had a full scale argument with a vw mechanic tonite. He is adiment that audi never made a 170 bhp engine so wtf. He said the b7 never came with that engine. So what the hell is in my drive. I assumed i had a 170 special edition. Lol

no it doesn't exist and the car on your drive is a figment of your imagination.....

sorry i'm no help :p

• And he is suppose to be a Vw mechanic lol 2.0 tdi 170 tell him he needs to do his homework :readit:

That's wot i told him. Christ he is 100% that they don't exist. I told him to Google it but he's still adiment . Lol

If the mechanic was being pedantic, then he's correct, there is no 170bhp engine, they are always called TDI 170's, but nowhere does it say 170bhp! It's because the 170 is in PS, which equates to 168bhp!

I'll get my coat now. :sorry:

Lol. He asked me to phone audi and ask them

Don't let him work on your car ***

If the mechanic was being pedantic, then he's correct, there is no 170bhp engine, they are always called TDI 170's, but nowhere does it say 170bhp! It's because the 170 is in PS, which equates to 168bhp!

Dammit, Jojo, I'm supposed to be the pedantic one round here!

Don't worry he won't. Lol. O use my tried and tested mechanic

you want to be pedantic, ok, what does PS stand for?... horse power. so technically 170PS is still 170hp

There's a similar case with Mercedes C63 Amg it's actually a 6.2 litre but with 6.3 badges on lol so a tdi 168 sounds sh**e so they call it a 170 sounds better