air con re-gassing...

myzeneye

Reaction score
my aircon works, but im sure it should be a tinsy' bit colder.... does it need regassing ??
has anyone had their air con re-gassed... how much did it cost ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

as it happens i just got mine done this week - little man came out and did it for 68 quid including VAT - also including adding a dye incase I get any future leaks.

When he started the air temp coming out of the vents was 6.9 degs C. at the end it was 3.1 ! mmmmm icey.

[ QUOTE ]
as it happens i just got mine done this week - little man came out and did it for 68 quid including VAT - also including adding a dye incase I get any future leaks.

When he started the air temp coming out of the vents was 6.9 degs C. at the end it was 3.1 ! mmmmm icey.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! you guys live in the UK, just wind down the window, it's already friggin cold outside... :))

I wouldn't call 32.5 degs "C" cold as such. That's 91 degs F in old money.
We're having our traditional 2 week summer here at the moment.

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't call 32.5 degs "C" cold as such. That's 91 degs F in old money.
We're having our traditional 2 week summer here at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

"traditional 2 week summer" ha ha ha ha

Actually, believe it or not, London gets hotter than Johannesburg! But then you also get colder...

Though the northern parts of SA can reach over 50C in the middle of summer, and that is not funny, cause your car aircon just cannot cool the car down enough.