Simple Road Angel question

• Thread starter imported_CurryMilkShake
  • Start date
I

imported_CurryMilkShake

Hi -

Have been reading up on the road angel a bit, as I have to accept my right foot has been getting heavier and heavier and I'd rather get it under control.. I'm aware of its basic functions, and I approve, but rather than just use this as a method of warning for cameras, I'd like a constant reminder.. (dont mention the mrs)

The 'Overspeed' function referred to on the website, is this a standard function on any uk road, or only in a danger zone where there is a camera? Does Road angel know what the local speed limit is wherever you are (other than variable limits) ?

Partly due to the way with a multitronic, that the revs can stay the same or drop while your speed continues to increase, it is staggeringly easy to gain speed (particularly since the remap!) and I have no objection to a warning 'beep' or something - hence the need to know whether it is generally aware of the limit in all locations..

Thanks!

You don't need a Road Angel to givre you an audible warning if you go over a pre-set, speeed. Your car already has that built-in. Check you owner's manual for guidance on how to use it.

I can't speak for the latest RA2, but my Classic RA doesn't have a speed warning function as such. It displays speed, and it warns when the car is approaching a speed camera or blackspot. Use it in conjunction with the car's speed warning device, and you should be OK.

The other alternative,if you're concerned about accidentally gathering speed without noticing, is to fit a cruise control. Go to Fontain in Iver, Bucks, & it'll cost you £352.

Click below

Cruise Control

RA2 does not know the speed limit of the road you are currently on.
Origin B2 does.

yes it's the only flaw in RA2. It warns you of an impending camera or blackspot but doesn't tell you what the current speed limit is. Bit of an oversight really.

Thanks guys - that was what I needed to know..

Have played with the Audi built in-warning, but you have to re-set it every time you change into a different speed zone.. and theres about a dozen changes just on my way in to work! cruise I like and have had before but would have the same issue - great on motorway though..

Will research the origin B2 now - any good/bad experiences?