On your Marks - ASDA Charity Bruntingthorpe Track Day

AudiNutta

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I went to this day last year. Basically it is a track day for super cars and rally cars and many more fun attractions! I was just wondering do Audi Sport go to this event? Often forums ask their members and arrange spaces for the track. THIS IS NOT AN INVITE. I am just wondering if this forum takes part? I have already searched and I didnt manage to find a thread for this event.

Cheers,

Matt =)

Last edited:
I've personally never heard of this event before, but there's nothing to stop you from arranging an 'Audi-Sport' parking area for members?

What's the date for this, and what types of costs involved?

It is on the 11th so I believe that interferes with AITP? =( However is changes every year! As last year it was the 22nd. I shal ask my father later as he is a manager in ASDA distribution so he could give me some more info.

Basically every year ASDA run driver competitions all over the country & the final is in leicester at Bruntingthorpe Aerodrome.

ASDA run this event and whatever they earn at the end of it is spread across 2 charities. Last year they raised over £43.000. There are a HUGE variety of attractions that take place and it is SUPERB fun. Usually there is someone on a forum that will arrange it. It is a free entry I believe for people on the track. They set out a course that runs down the length of the runway, it is £5 a go per car! They have a huge variety of cars from Ferraris to Ariel Atoms all the way down to your everyday Si's and last year just an everyday Mercedes. SO anybody can enter. Each forum will have their own stand and have a certain number of cars that are aloud. This way drivers can swap so your not driving round all day, you do get a break.

Only downside of this is that you pay for your own fuel. But come on? Its for charity ;D And an excuse for a free track day!!!

At the end of this post I will list the attractions that are here this year! Every year there are more and more attractions!

Due to this only being next weekend I would expect it is too late to take part in this one. But I will tell my dad to put in a word about this forum for next year, as he works with the woman that organises this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TO DRIVE THE VEHICLES LISTED YOU REQUIRE A CAR LICENSE.

Drive a 44ton attic with instruction around the special 5 mile test track. £5

Drive a J.C.B. fast track with instruction around the special 5 mile test track. £5
Drive a brand new luxury Scania coach with instruction around the special 5 mile test track, £5
Drive a twin engine Honda go kart on a go kart track . £5
Drive a fire engine with instruction around the special 5 mile test track. £5
Drive a tank or a mobile field gun, £5 new this year
Ride a segway with instruction around its own track £5 new this year
Ride as passenger in any one of 450 high performance super cars around the test track. £5
Ride as passenger in any one of 70 high performance rally cars on a rally stage . £5
Ride as passenger in any one of 30 - 4x4 land rovers on an extreme 4x4 Corse. £5 ( the most event popular by far)
Ride as passenger on a F1 hovercraft ( very fast I.e. 0-60mph 3 seconds ). £5
Fly as passenger in a twin engine bell jet ranger helicopter. £30
Fly as pilot in a Robinson R22 helicopter and have a helicopter flying lesson. £100 ( should be £400 )
Watch as the two best stunt drivers in the world ( Russ & Paul Swift ) perform in the main arena ,
Watch as one of the worlds best motorcycle stunt riders Dave Coates performs in the main arena .
Watch as the Leicestershire police fire arms and dog unit show us what the dogs can really do.
Watch as the No Limits RCUK team perform stunts over cars with their radio control 1/5 scale petrol Baja cars. new this year

Watch as some of the best pilots in the world today perform in the main air show at 12,30 - 14,00 in the shutdown for lunch,

Watch as J.C.B. launch its J.C.B.-- G.T 9.5 ton -1000phb - 100mph backhoe dragster in the shutdown for lunch, new this year

Shop till you drop ( last year Asda George gave us 119 rails of clothes and the most expensive thing was £3 )

I am not sure who would have to organise this for the forum.. but if you could possibly get in contact with me via inbox or on this thread? If there is enough interest you stand a good chance of getting in next year =D I would love to help arrange this for you, if you are interested it is probably your best chance to contact me due to my father working with the woman.

Okay.. I just spoke to my father, whoever would need to arrange this if you want to inbox me and you can have his number as he would prefer if you spoke to him directly. However I will remain on this thread to answer any questions you may have =) The more interest we get on here the more likely we are able to get in next year.

I now have a link to the website:

On Your Marks | Charity Event Day sponsored by ASDA

If you want to look through that website it gives you a better idea of what it is all about.

Here is also a video just to show you the layout of the track:

Bruntingthorpe ASDA "On Your Marks" Charity Day - Lamborghini Countach - YouTube

I hope we get a good response from this as I would LOVE to see Audi's here next year!! Any questions dont hesitate to ask. All interest is appreciated.

I went a few years ago, its not a track day where you can take you own car around for a spin unless you have pre booked to give rides.
Basically you queue up and pay a fiver to have a lap in someone else's car. That car maybe anything from an Aerial Atom to a 1970's Countach. I went with my mate Robbie in his 360 Modena (Gay *** yellow one which kept loosing power from one side of the engine) and all day he had all manor of people climbing into his car, he had to leave twice to fill up with fuel.

So, if you want the great unwashed climbing in your pride and joy and costing you fuel to wazz it around a bit of a track with a long straight then go ahead.

Not trying to put you off, its a great day out, the pig roast is fantastic and I got to drive an artic for a fiver. But I would seriously suggest you don't book to take you car on the track.

Thanks for your input =) I would love it if audi-sport could arrange a stand here, would be nice to see some of the cars that you see on the forum! And I thought it was a superb day out!

Ok S3 Lover, I think 1 weeks notice is too short to make anything of this, and it doesn't really get in the way of Audi's in the park, that's on the 12th!

There's really nothing to it when it comes to setting up a clubstand for this event next year. You can do this yourself, most of the mods will happily assist you. The main thing is, there's no personal gain for yourself in it, and that you are just doing it for the spirit of the forum as it we're. Since it's mainly for charity, it's all good, I'd be interested to attend! I might even make next week if the weather is good, and I'm free!!

Just looked at the website, its grown a great deal since I last went.
There were about 20 different cars to go in, buses and artics to drive, a rally car to have a passenger ride in and a pig roast. Now it looks to be a major show with lots of attractions.

Jo, if you can get there I would seriously recommend it, even if its just for a chance to drive a big truck !

Yes I understand that all of the stands this year are all booked up now. If a mod could assist me in getting this set up for next year that is great! Well like is aid my dad works in ASDA Distribution. So if I can be given a contact I will arrange this then on the forums behalf. I am not looking to get anything out of arranging this it would be brilliant just to see some Audi's there :) I will talk to my dad and arrange a stand for next year within the next couple of months. (They often start arranging the next just weeks after the event has been held due to its popular demand the amount of arrangement involved).

If you decided to attend would you be driving? If so I will keep an eye out for your car mate =D If your free it is a superb day to attend even if your just going and not driving, it is a huge laugh a brilliant day out.

Over the years ASDA have expanded the event because it has been so popular! The money they raise is increasing massively each year. Therefore I believe this annual event will continue for many years to come. Are you not able to attend next weekend mate?

If you decided to attend would you be driving? If so I will keep an eye out for your car mate =D If your free it is a superb day to attend even if your just going and not driving, it is a huge laugh a brilliant day out.

I think I will just park up and have a walk about, and try get in some metal for a joyride! Been quite busy of late, but I can do with a few chill out days. Audi's in the Park on Sunday for definite, Saturday I'm not 100% sure.

OK folks, looks like it will have to be next year. I've been informed it's invitation only, so we can't just turn up on the day!

This sounds like something to look forward to next year!

Reactions: AudiNutta
Shame really as I would have definitely have gone to this!

I should have posted this earlier mate, my fault! It is ASDA colleagues & invite only. And due to when I posted this thread it was too late for my father to arrange invites! I will be creating a thread to take names for out planned stand next year, once I have confirmed dates of the event. If you still want to come then and have a few laps up and down the runway feel free :) You dont have to be driving all day, there will be switches for drivers so there aren't too many cars on the track at once! So you will still get opportunity to have a wander round and have a ride in some of the other cars they have there :)

Hi Guys,

The event this weekend was a HUGE hit. Thousands attended. There were a fee Audi's there on the stand that all car manufactures are placed on. 2x R8's and various A4's. However the A4's hardly touched the track so there is still a call for us :)

Over the course of the event I recorded various parts and put together a video that I have posted on you tube you can watch it here:

On Your Marks - Bruntingthorpe 11th August 2012 - Charity Day - YouTube

I will keep you updated when I upload separate videos. I have 9 minutes off the off road footage so that will be uploaded :) Total figures are yet to be added up to how much the event raised. There were some fantastic cars here. I even got the privilege to have a go in the Ariel Atom =D Even though I did have to queue for over 2 hours! I hope you enjoy the video and I hope it will give you all a better insight into what the event is about :) I look forward to your feedback. I will be posting a thread once the dates of next years event are confirmed. From then on we will start taking down names for the Audi Sport stand.

Thanks for your interest :thumbsup: :kissmyrings: