Vauxhall Nova written off at MOT station!

That's deep,I know its a nova n all but that could have been anyone of our cars. They would have to repair it though.

this pulled a heart string for me, always loved nova's and would love to own such a clean example as that was!!

i know the guy wants to keep it off the public forum but the police cant just say its a case for isurance, he needs to go with evidence of the previous cars that have been damaged and persue it to the end!

all VOSA will be able to do is strip the garage and him of mot testing, nothing can stop him putting it in another name after and carry on.

i would be all over local press for this, aswell as either small claims court or have legal rep on the case

i hope he gets it sorted

That's deep,I know its a nova n all but that could have been anyone of our cars. They would have to repair it though.

True, I'm not sad a Nova is off the road, but I'd probably be locked up for something nasty if someone did this to one of my cars....

Regardless of the car, I think that thread is on Reddit now ... so hopefully the Internet army will locate a phone number for the MOT station and rain down some wrath.

How wrong is that, what a bunch of tossers, that garage should be closed down

He didn't need to road test it for a MOT. A case of taking and driving without consent ?

I once had an XR3i that went in for repairs, one of the mechanics took it home over night where it got damaged, someone keyed the side. I insisted on a full respray, valet, and full tank of gas, which I got. They sorted out the rust on the front arches too.

Then flogged it for a big profit as it was now in immaculate nick:beerchug:

My friend once rolled a customers Renault espace many years ago. They fixed it for the customer, but it wasn't a nice situation ha

Hope the lad gets it sorted, I have a soft spot for Nova's.

My 4 month old Audi A4 Quattro was crashed by a 'secure car park' employee. They then had it fixed and resprayed and never told me. I found out though and managed to get the rear bumper and all associated parts replaced with genuine Audi parts at their cost. There are some real to**ers out there.

garage is M&J Motors according to the OP in the thread.

according to the testers manual, if the tester thinks a short test drive is in order then thats ok. i usually do a 2 min round the block if its a high miler/older car. but its sub 20mph and abit bumpy to listen for suspension knocks/knackard bushes. you can then bare in mind and know what your looking for etc.

someone crashed into a polo we had in many moons ago our boss was driving it at the time. damage wasnt bad and it was drivable. even tho it wasnt our fault but we were responcible for the car. we informed the customer and got straight into repairing it. was all fixed and repaired and back with the customer within 2 days.
all the assessor saw when he came was before and after pictures...... a bent front wing, damaged bumper and a front wishbone and shocker.
got paid out for what we spent plus reduced labour costs.

obviously that chaps nova is different as its written off, where as we knew that polo wouldnt be.

Thats terrible - I also have a soft spot for Novas (wanted one as a first car 6 years ago - but insurance was too high!)

Obviously the driver was pushing it too hard / complete twonk.
I would want to know what he crashed into - I wonder if there is a 3rd party in all of this?

Prices you pay for MOT's and Service in "back street garages" are about the same you pay a Main Dealer for 3+ servcie and MOT these days, might cost a bit more but you got "comeback" if Audi, Ford, BMW etc do that to your motor.

Poor bloke :(

If the Brake testing machine is not working at an MOT station they have the right to take it on the road to test the brakes...

Not ideal to right the customers car off though.....:asskicking: