In Case of Emergency

Good idea... though I hope it would never have to be used... Word of warning for those who would put their partners in, sad chances are, you'd probably be with them if anything happened, so they would already be all too well aware... could be worth having 2 ICE numbers.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

My friend left his phone at Embankment underground the week before these bombings.
Underground staff texted the last dialled number in the phone to say the phone had been
recovered, no ICE number required for this and he got it back no probs.

A good idea in principle, but I feel its causing unecessary panic (Pyramid emails)

Indeed, most people with have a 'mum', 'dad', 'home' etc stored on the phone, wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who to ring.

My parents and my in-laws are all in their 80s. I wouldn't necessarily want a policeman phoning them to tell them I'd died, the shock might be too much for them. My ICE numbers are other members of my family.
Neither do I have the words 'Mum', 'Home' etc. stored after a friend had his phone stolen and the thief thought it would be a laugh to phone his wife and tell her he'd been killed in a car accident.
He arrived home after playing golf to find her and his two children in tears....

Good point Tub, i think i'll change my home and mum details on my mobile.

[ QUOTE ]
My parents and my in-laws are all in their 80s. I wouldn't necessarily want a policeman phoning them to tell them I'd died, the shock might be too much for them. My ICE numbers are other members of my family.
Neither do I have the words 'Mum', 'Home' etc. stored after a friend had his phone stolen and the thief thought it would be a laugh to phone his wife and tell her he'd been killed in a car accident.
He arrived home after playing golf to find her and his two children in tears....

[/ QUOTE ]

You worry too much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif