EBC's news coverage of the olympic games

Reaction score
I'm not all that bothered about the olympics, but the English Broadcasting Corporation (BBC to most people) news coverage of the games is really starting to get on my t1ts with all their negativty. Yes it was over budget, it probably has affected some businesses, there's been travel problems and they could have organised the ticket sales a lot better, but ****** me...this is probably the biggest national (probably most peoples view outside of London...local) event ever to happen in most peoples life times.

LIVE IT UP FOR A CHANGE rather than adopting the default mode of slagging things off!

Lets hope their main coverage is more positive!

(no I don't live in London :) )

It had better ****ing well be good, because all the extra traffic has really ****** me off. I would like to see Usain Bolt try and get any new records if he had to sprint on the M ****ing 25. And as faor the M ****ing 4, well you can ****ing forget that I tell you.

I want them to give performance enhancing drugs to all the fast runners, because I want to see man run 100 metres in 3 ****ing seconds.

Ah well, I have got my delivery form Kleenex, and look forward to watching the Beach Volleyball.

Reactions: Crazyfool
To quote Al Murray.

"The Olympics? Its going to be a bit **** isn't it".

Hee Hee!

Just another day on the M4 and M25!!! I rarely take the M4/M25 junction because it is normally shocking. Depending on direction, I get onto the M3 or M40.

Mate, need to change my working pattern for the next few weeks as I also have to get to East London, and Stratford LOL, so that ain't gonna ****ing happen.

I should have taken my holiday whilst the Olympics was on.

You reckon the traffic will be bad when the ParaOlympics is on?

I doubt it. It's not publicised as much and I don't think as many people are interested. We are going though.

Apart from the Red Arrows flying over my back garden, I am distinctly unimpressed with the opening ceremony.

Yawn.......

It's the London thing. Being an Engineer, I can appreciate the first part of the ceremony, but yeah I'm starting to get a little bored. Just waiting for my colleague to come out with the athletes. She's one of the plaque bearers walking with the flag holder.

I watched the first twenty minutes and then decided to watch some fruit rot.Jeez.Embarassing or what?.I squirmed at how totally shyyte it was.The whole world must be laughing.Not a patch on beijing.My daughter watched a bit in her room, apparantly some plug for GOSH with a load of hospital beds?.Nearly has to give her cpr as she ckoked with laughter.Hope the games are better.

The rest of the world must think we are a weird lot.

The bit I liked the best was......oh I forget....never mind....

Reactions: johnnythepie
Stayed up to watch my colleague and from what I could see between playing phone games, the country she was representing probably had the least amount of coverage!

There is a lot of good feedback about the opening ceremony in the press today, and most of my fakebook friends liked it.

David Beckham looked like the cat that got the cream on that speedboat.

The Nazi salute was interesting.

I am looking forward to the Olympics, brought to you by those health food giants, Coca Cola and McDonalds, and by the most ethical of financial institutions, lloydsTSB.

I can sleep in peace.

Reactions: johnnythepie
I wouldn't say the opening ceremony was bad, there was some interesting things in it, but I just got a bit bored with all the usual London stage show type of antics. I was impressed when they exchanged torches from old athletes to our possible stars of the future and the mail fire bowl itself. That was something a bit different.