**STOLEN** MK2 8V GTI 3Door Golf **STOLEN**(Now Recovered!)

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
Asked to post this for a friend.

A MK2 Golf 8V GTI in black was stolen from Kingsheath Bham last night.

Lowered on Coilovers, 15x8 ML Rims with stretched Toyos.

Reg J152 KFR.

Please can you keep your eyes open around that area (or further) please.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im from round those ends, i will keep an ear out and ask a few q's.

Hi guys, car was stolen from the back of my shop @530am this morning, the neighbours got them on CCTV.

My shop was broken into for them to get the keys, car belongs to my cousin, he's gutted! :(

Reg is J152 KFR, Black Mk2 GTI 8v 3dr riding on Jamex coilovers and 15x8 Compomotive ML rims, with stretched 195/45 Toyo's, as pictured below.

b5d63cbf.jpg

If anyone has any info, please PM me.

Cheers.

I'll ask around,why an 8v though ?!
Sorry to hear Joe

Sorry to hear Jo, will keep my ears and eyes open and put the word out to a few contacts in the area.

Also have you posted this on ed38?

Maybe worth putting it on there, I'm sure they would sticky it on there.

LOL..no worries, well ive put the word out to a few that i know in 'da hood'

I suspect its long gone now though!!

Il keep my eyes open jo there wnkers mate they probably took it as they didn't find anything in the shop to steal, it looks mint as well lot of work gone into it. Did you get the door sorted.

Posted on Ed38 now.

Il keep my eyes open jo there wnkers mate they probably took it as they didn't find anything in the shop to steal, it looks mint as well lot of work gone into it. Did you get the door sorted.

The door wasn't actually broke, there's a vent thing and they levered it off! Surprised they got in through it, it's not much bigger than a cat flap!, only wider!!

Jo when we had our shop, we had a window that was about 10 inch x 10 inch and they used that about 3 times to get in and nick all the fags!!!

***UPDATE***

Just got a call from the police, the car has been found and recovered!

It was running a different set of number plates, I have no information on condition or whats left etc., car needs to stay in compound for forensics for a few more days before being released and a recovery charge to be paid.

Thanks.

Reactions: johnnythepie
That's ace mate! Quite scary how it happens, and with the change of plates etc. What's the plan for when it comes back? Electrify the car? ;)

That's ace mate! Quite scary how it happens, and with the change of plates etc. What's the plan for when it comes back? Electrify the car? ;)

No idea mate. If it's in the same condition as it left, then keep it? Or may break it depending on of the rims are still on it? I wouldn't mind a mk2 track car as a third option.

So a week has passed since it was recovered by the Police, it was officially released yesterday @230pm, which didn't give me much time to arrange for it to be picked up! A £20 storage charge was going to go on top of the £150 for it to be released! But luckily upon our arrival, the guy knew I had been calling daily for it's release, he waved the overnight charge, so just £150 for release!

On the recovery truck.
d1cf3abd.jpg

741f4d02.jpg

Once parked up, it was close inspection time! The wheels are on there thankfully, and the Sony stereo wasn't touched neither. The driverside front wing and rear wheelarch/bumper has sustained some minor damage though. So apart from the carkeys, and ashtray full of change, it's come back as it pretty much left!

Wing damage
0282e232.jpg

Rear wheel arch and bumper
a1ef13b0.jpg

The Police have 2 suspects in custody, and have taken a personal statement of both me and my cousin for the burglary and twoc of the Golf, so looks like they will be charged!

Phew, Jo looks like you got lucky dude!

lucky it wasnt joyrided, the wheel nicked and car burnt out tbh.

very happy for you guys! a very positive outcome!

Yes, could have been worse! Not got car started yet, so unable to drive on ramp for inspection, as the steering column is locked due to no spare key!

doh. you need to drill a 3mm hole into the casing and push a small length of welding wire into to release the barrel, then you can start it/release the steering lock with some long nose pliars/screw driver. or just fit a new barrel.... infact full lock sets on ebay can be had for like 30-40 quid.
just need to know where to drill the hole.
its a long time since i did it on a b3 passat, i remember removing the whole steering column to drill the hole in the right place as i couldnt get the column unit off due to the steering lock being on.....

you'll have to google it!