Badger5Chris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

How do you Take the circuit board off the Audi Key

Does anyone have any idea how to take the circuit board off the Audi Switchblade key? There are 2 metal bolts on the board. The board on the VW keys come off easily but the Audi key is being a pain. Any ideas before I bring out the dremel?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by powersurge View Post
    Does anyone have any idea how to take the circuit board off the Audi Switchblade key? There are 2 metal bolts on the board. The board on the VW keys come off easily but the Audi key is being a pain. Any ideas before I bring out the dremel?

I am running into the same issue and wanted to know if you were able to find a solution on how to remove those 2 brass pins?

3rd Gear

Status
    hi all heres what you do the 2 tiny studs ( gold plated } on the cornners of the circuit board are push fit ie they have a serated shaft which pushes into the plastic case . so you have to be very very careful and prise them out they are very tight and you risk damaging the edge of the circuit board . basicaly thats it just prise them out

S3 Drift King!

Status
    It only took 9 years to answer the original question! lol

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    It only took 9 years to answer the original question! lol
    well look on the bright side at least somebody as now i realy must remember to look at the date on the original post

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi all
    One of my Favorite car of Audi.My Audi mechanic checked the TCM and found some corrosion and dampness at the terminals and in the box. (I'm quite familiar with Audi leak damage to TCU's). Cleaned and dried everything. $65...not bad. He did tell me that the TCU could be bad and issue could happen again. Drove home fine. Next morning same problem, but not as persistent.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
    Hi all
    One of my Favorite car of Audi.My Audi mechanic checked the TCM and found some corrosion and dampness at the terminals and in the box. (I'm quite familiar with Audi leak damage to TCU's). Cleaned and dried everything. $65...not bad. He did tell me that the TCU could be bad and issue could happen again. Drove home fine. Next morning same problem, but not as persistent.
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage