Fiat Coupe Turbo

RichA3Turbo

Reaction score
A mate of mine has just bought himself a well modified 20v Turbo model. He took me out in it the oter day and i was well impressed! Its had alarger turbo fitted and its pushing around 270bhp and my god does it shift! Sounds awesome too! It would certainly give mine a run for its money. It pulls the instant you put your foot down but the turbo is noice and smooth and doesnt give you a shove like the 1.8T does. Its done 109,000 miles and there was not a single squeek or rattle from the interior and it also handles very well. Before i thought these cars were a bit crap, but my opinion has done a complete 180!

These are great motors my mate has one and has fitted a bigger turbo hitting 300Bhp+ and that flies all the way up to 160 mph.

They actually look pretty nice too. My mates is black and looks rather tasty.

They do look nice in black...my mate fitted 18" and brembo brake kit also alpine ice and is like a purple colour. Looks great! You can pick these up decent for a touch over 5-6 grand. Lots of motor for your money.

I've owned 2 of them in my time and I can say they are a very under rated car. In standard form the 20V (five cylinder) turbo would get to 160 indicated (so probably less) quite easily.

The 5cyl sounds awesome... Really liked it. Sounds MUCH nicer than the overly smooth 1.8T

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
very nice cars untill you find the cambelt needs changing every 30k and its a engine out job

[/ QUOTE ]
As the old saying goes...

Fix
It
Again
Tomorrow

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rob.

[ QUOTE ]
Is this what you guys are talking about...

fiat_coupe_turbo-1.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Pics like that actually make them look a bit rank! My mates ones has 18"(i think!) alloys and looks rather tasty. It sblack, and the rear lights have been tinted black also. Looks really tidy.

RIch

ps - reliability wise, i dont tink they are any worse than Audi have proved to be in the last few years

Rich

I love the styling of the car , i think its a great car but in all honesty its a bucket of sh1.t !
guy i knew a while back bought one new it was in the garage more times than out 3turbos/clutch's etc , to be fair it was always done under waranty but i pity the poor person who bought it after it was out waranty ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

I think you might be wrong on the whole the engine doesn't need to be pulled out?

**Although I could be just as wrong**!!

the 2.0 16v 4 pot is done with the engine in
the 2.0 20v 5 pot is an engine and gearbox out job (not that hard but still a pig i've done two), autodata give a time of 13.8 hrs