best man

I

imported_disley

going on holiday in two weeks to cyprus /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gifgot to make a best man speach for my mates wedding over there,
any tips on a good speach?, i'm brickin it , speaches arent realy my thing!!!

stay sober! everyone else will be tipy and laugh neway!

if you are not a funny guy, dont try to be, you will just make your self look stupid. just try and remember stupid things the groom has done in the past or any cool things you have done. there are a lot of tips and pointers online, have a google. you could do a practical joke though,

give loads of blokes a key, then when you are in your speech say something like :

"now she (whatever her name is) is married, she wont be accepting any more visitors so everyone with a key please hand them back"

then watch as 30 blokes get up in a queue to hand back a key.. that is a good one for a giggle.

Ha ha ha, good idea R8OTER, have you seen that done before?

Strictly no 'blue' stories about the groom, embarrising for EVERYONE in the room.
Compliment the bride, and mention how lucky the groom is (even if you think that really she is a moose). Talk about the happy couple on how they met etc.
Do NOT talk about the stag do (see first note)

Do not write the entire speech, write reminder pointers that you can refer back to, nothing worse than someone reading to a piece of paper, rather than their audience.

try going to Confetti as there are loads of great hints (it was my bible when I was writing my groom's speech!

Most important of all, toast the bride and groom at the end of the speech... regardless of how formal the wedding is... it's etiquette

Practise on a friend or two to make sure it sounds good, and is not too long 5 - 10 mins is the average length of a good speech

Good luck! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

seen the key joke done once! it was a beauty!!! like brave pilot says, 5-10 mins, no more, people want to crack on and get pi$$ed!!!

Disley just take your lap top and show em some of your links on here as most of them crack me up

Speak to the Father of the Bride before the wedding just in case he has stolen any of your jokes.

Because myself and S3eve were best men and used quotes from the highly amusing 1930's good house wife guide and the Father of the Bride did the same thing. Much to our surprise.

thanks for all the good advise. ill let you know how i get on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif