Go England!

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Time for Roy's quiet revolution to move to the next stage, a semi-final against Germany.

Come on!

COME ON ENGLAND
well the missus finishes at work at 7.30 she'll be home for 7.45 already had a couple of glasses to get in the mood so do i

A= stay in and watch it in the comfort of my own home(which will include silly questions from the missus)
or
B=Be in th local club by 7.50 with a couple of mates and regret spending money if they lose(bear in kind i look like a baghead cos i've not had a shave lol)

desicions desicions lol

I am not getting in the mood for it, they always get my hopes up and then play ****.

Reactions: Artimus
I hate to admit it but Italy are the better team in this half.

******, I don't even like football!

Another poor performance, we deserve to go out, and we deserve to be put out of our misery.

The longest time we keep the ball is when we have a goal kick.

If it goes to penalties at least the England keeper is warmed up, the Italian one has had ****** all to do the last 45 minutes!

penalties !!
nervous.gif

England's going home, there going home, there going home! Get in!

They were the better team. They won't get past the Germans. I love it when the scots pipe up, it's hard times when you have to adopt another national side. They need to bring back the home internationals, at least we could win something then.

jdp1962:1613917 said:
England's going home, there going home, there going home! Get in!
You might not be English, but English is your first language, so how about you go away and learn it.

I may not be english but one thing i know is that it is not funny to pick on someone's dyslexia.

We never deserved to win.
As I write this I hear the England manager saying the lads have done a job for their country and people have appreciated it.... nobody I know has.The team is lacking and stumbled through the group stage,still as said you have to be in it to win it like Ireland :)

I may not be english but one thing i know is that it is not funny to pick on someone's dyslexia.
I'm not picking on anyone's dyslexia. I know the difference between dyslexia (from which I suffer) and bad grammar (from which I don't).

Had a good nights sleep, and on reflection we didn't deserve to go through. And in some ways it is better that we didn't, because it is Germany in the Semi final, and they are looking awesome at the moment.

I suspect they will tear apart the Italians.

Anyway, here is to the World cup, if we qualify.

Had a good nights sleep, and on reflection we didn't deserve to go through. And in some ways it is better that we didn't, because it is Germany in the Semi final, and they are looking awesome at the moment.

I suspect they will tear apart the Italians.

Anyway, here is to the World cup, if we qualify.

Yup; got to agree. Roy Hodgson has brought a sense of organisation and unity to the squad in a very short time, but the gap in quality takes longer to solve. I suspect Wayne Rooney will go down in history as a talented club player found wanting at international tournament level.

Rooney's going the same way Gascoigne did. Too much self belief and not quite enough talent to carry it off. He needs to be put back on the bench, or better still left at home for a couple of years to shock some sense back into his thick skull.

Have to say leaving Ferdinand at home seems to have been a good ploy. The defence and keeper worked very well together without him, so chuck Gerrard and Terry into the same back seat and bring a new young team in to work together, and maybe we'd have a team to match the Germans in a few years time. Maybe not, but if we're always gonna fail it wold be good to let some younger blood fail for us and learn from the mistakes they make.

Rooney's going the same way Gascoigne did. Too much self belief and not quite enough talent to carry it off. He needs to be put back on the bench, or better still left at home for a couple of years to shock some sense back into his thick skull.

I agree; only Gascoigne achieved so much more with England before he hit the destruct button than Rooney has done so far.

I think it's more a case of rooney not being match ready, and being asked to step into games of that pressure after a month out. It doesn't help to see him get so frustrated with himself because he knows he should be doing better. Hopefully he's more professional than gazza, and can have a long career and produce the goods for England in the world cup in 2 years. Now he needs to replace Gerrard, Parker, and terry.

Rooney wasn't match ready. He also wasn't fit. He looked tired and lethargic, and couldn't run for more than 15 - 20 yards without backing out of it and turning with the ball. What he should've been doing was running past players, taking them on and challenging for balls in the area. What he did was wander aimlessly about waiting for the ball, and when it came to him he hadn't the energy to move with it. I dunno if he's been injured or not but he's been sidelined with a suspension, so what's he been doing for the past month? Certainly hasn't been keeping fit, so must've been eating all the pies.

In all honesty I enjoy watching the England team, afterall I watch them all season in the Premiership. The thing that makes me want them to fail though is the media. Before the tournament England were seen as no hopers (and they were kinda lucky to escape that group)but as soon as they reached the quarters they had already won the tournament according to them. Talking of Roy should get a knoghthood when they win it???? I have to watch England games on mute it just annoys me that much...the only good thing about last nights game (apart from the result :sly:) was that it was the wrong channel for Adrian Chiles to be presenting :laugh:

I also think Rooney should have been hooked at half time, did a grand total of heehaw the whole of the first half.