Thinking of selling up....opinions on new car choice

DJM1982

Reaction score
We brought this little fella home just over 4 months ago and we now need to look for a more suitable car to travel around with him.
P1020810.jpg

I have been toying with the idea of getting a VW Tiguian, but really cannot justify putting myself in 10k worth of debt with a loan or finance deal whilst we are saving for a house.
I have been looking at an A4 avant but they to command a high price for the spec i would like so i'm going to be more realistic and compromise and get a smaller car, but a hatchback for he can be popped into the boot when travelling.
A few must have's
Must be Diesel and must be Auto/DSG so the other half can also drive the car (she is only passed her auto test).
So have been looking at an Audi A3 sline or a VW golf GT, I know this is an Audi forum and i'm expecting some biased posts towards audi's.
But can anyone who has owned either give me some pro's and con's for both. I know the obvious one, being price with the A3 coming in more expensive than the Golf.
Thanks in advance.

B5.5 Passat Estate TDI Tiptronic, if that's too big, maybe consider an Skoda Octavia Estate? VAG TDI's try and get the bulletproof 1.9 instead of the modern 2.0.

Jojo's right. Seriously consider a Skoda. The engineering is every bit as good as other VAG-group brands; all that is lacking is the vanity that goes with the badge